Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SadDC5
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I’ve been having this issue for the past 2 weeks to where the car will turn off or not start as soon as I turn it about 90 degrees to the left it right. It will turn off like i took the key out. When I try to start it in that position it’s a no crank no start and I can here a relay buzzing. Rpm and speedo will also jump when the car is off. Installed new ignition switch but that hasn’t fixed the issue. Any ideas are helpful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have any wires in the way of your tie rods? Anything that could be grounding out under the steering column inside the car? Unlikely but if your main grounds are terrible enough you might be lowering the battery voltage enough to shut the car off by putting any load on it at all. The gauges will quickly jump from max to 0 when you disconnect/reconnect the battery so I’d check grounds before anything else.

·
Knight Armament SR-635
36,650 Posts
My guess, something with the power steering. I’m assuming you are park when you do all of this. As you sit and turn the wheel, the power steering pump is going to drain power away from the motor. I’m not sure about the rsx, but I know on other cars, there is a sensor that is supposed to tell the ECU to increase the power as the power steering takes all the power away from the motor when you are park. I would look into that. You might have a bad sensor if the RSX has one

·
SadDC5
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have any wires in the way of your tie rods? Anything that could be grounding out under the steering column inside the car? Unlikely but if your main grounds are terrible enough you might be lowering the battery voltage enough to shut the car off by putting any load on it at all. The gauges will quickly jump from max to 0 when you disconnect/reconnect the battery so I’d check grounds before anything else.
Thx for the help bro. I figured it out like 5 minutes before you replied. You were definitely right about the grounds. I moved my battery under my headlight and didn’t replace the ground straps to the transmission and chassis. Once I added the grounds, cars runs smooth as can be and I don’t have any issues anymore.

·
SadDC5
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My guess, something with the power steering. I’m assuming you are park when you do all of this. As you sit and turn the wheel, the power steering pump is going to drain power away from the motor. I’m not sure about the rsx, but I know on other cars, there is a sensor that is supposed to tell the ECU to increase the power as the power steering takes all the power away from the motor when you are park. I would look into that. You might have a bad sensor if the RSX has one
Good guess bro but I think I forgot to mention that I’m running EPS from an ep3 so I kind off ruled that out from the start after disconnecting the rack.

·
Knight Armament SR-635
36,650 Posts
Good guess bro but I think I forgot to mention that I’m running EPS from an ep3 so I kind off ruled that out from the start after disconnecting the rack.
Gotcha. Good to hear you figure it out. Crazy how a simple ground(s) can kill a motor lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts