Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
blah
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I woke up this morning to go to school to finish my lesson plans for the week, and what do I find my neighbor's dog (Great Dane) chasing a cat that is perched on my car. :firemad:

Hey went all over the car trying to get the cat. I hurried them off. There are paw prints everywhere and my hood is scratched up really fucking bad. I'm fucking pist. I had just washed, and put two coats of wax on the hood yesterday. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I called the neighbor and he said he would pay for a new hood, and then I told him how much it would cost and he freaked out, but he said he would pay me in two installments of $300. I don't think he will keep his word because he is a loser and they are poor as shit with four fucking kids living in a house that they don't have to pay rent on.

What are my options?

I'm going to Big Bend for work all next week so I wil be out of touch.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
wow that sux...but really if they're that poor then i wouldnt do that to them...you can remove those scratches since they're only in the clearcoat. ask your neighbor to pay for the cost of reclearing the hood, shouldn't be more than $200

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
ur grill wing thing is messed up too man, get it painted while ur at the shop
Its got gouges in it..

Ugh, those pics hurt...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
377 Posts
Kill the dog and say the cat did it, but for real that just blows donkeys for quarters Id make my pay for all the damage and also contact your local PD and look in to that leash law and see if your state has one and if it applies to your problem just so you have some extra ammo if he wont pay for all of it. GL man.

·
Registered
579 Posts
May double check, but I would think that pet owners are responsible for the pet's actions regardless of a leash law. Small claims court may be an option. Or at least a good threat if you show him a copy of the ordinance making owners responsible for the pet and threaten small claims.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I love animals, but that is fucked up. Especially since it is your neighbor's dog. That bitch needs to be on a leash or contained in some manner. Stray animals causing damage to your exterior is bag enough, but it cannot always be helped. Actual domesticated animals are another story.

·
an advanced thanks 4 rep!
2,835 Posts
man that sucks ass. you should report them if there is a leash law. i mean it is your car but what if it was a person instead? shit.

KILL THEIR PET. lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.