Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sorry I’m still new to this and didn’t know to find the original thread to this, I have put the key in the ignition and turn it to on( which is 2) but when I go to start it everything just shuts off if I keep trying it the lights on the dash board flicker then shut off. Someone told me that it was my battery but it was just replaced a few months ago the AAA guy tried to jump start it but it would not start. It was taken to my mechanic and they told me it was because the ground connection was not good and they said they fixed, I asked them should I have a problem with this again they said no but as soon as I turned off my car it didn’t start again. I hear nothing after I go to start it, it just dies. It’s a manual transmission and a aftermarket radio. So I was thinking it could be either the flywheel not being on correctly, alternator or the starter solenoid, there is a mechanic coming Sunday and I don’t want to pay $170 for nothing Please help me any one. Thank you!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I did I paid $85 to make sure that the ground terminal was fixed and that there would be no type of corrosion to the battery terminal at all. I think it’s bad wiring to the starter relay. I ask a AAA guy he agreed with me even though his opinion was the alternator

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s a my mechanic there going to see if is the starter they said they would look at it for free and they would have have low cost options for me on Monday. But I wanted to get all the information I could on this because I don’t want to be robbed for my money not know what each part does and if it’s valuble. Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They said it was the ground terminal to the batter was not getting a strong enough connection. But the other place said they fixed it so the other place I took it to did not do a good job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.