Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night it was driving fine.
This morning when I started it, it felt like it wouldn't start it all the way. Like the car only fires up half way. Even though it was cold and the engine should be idling at like 1.6k rpm to warm up and then lower to 800 rpm, when I start it, it just goes to 500-600 rpm and stays there.
I can drive it around like this but it feels like its not as smooth and wants to stall because the rpm is so low.
I popped the hood and I can hear this clicking sound. There was a clicking sound before but I don't think it was as loud as it is now. The sound does not seem to be coming from the motor but more from where the fuel rail (i think its called the fuel rail?) is. When I turn the car on and rev it up a little the clicking noise increases in occurance along with the rpm (fkin sounds like shaun's car but .. not quite). There is also a low whining noise but I think that is from the belt not going as fast as it was before or not as fast as it should be. The small whining noise is coming from the belt area.
Motor oil is in a decent level. It was low but I filled it up with a quart because I thought maybe that was the problem.
I think that it might be a spark plug or two that went out. Hopefully my motor isnt dying
Someone shed some light pleaseee
btw, it starts up fine.. like no battery problems or anything. it starts up and fires up quickly but just doesnt seem like it fires up all the way.
BTW this has happened before i think. When i let my friend (a girl) drive it she stalled it once and when she started it up again, it seemed like it started up really weak and the idle was really low. and i was like wtf? so then i told her to let me do it and when i did it, it started up fine o_O i thought it was just her not holding the key long enough or something so i just dismissed it. this was like almost a year ago and its never happened to me until now. but before it only happened once or twice when she drove and when i restarted it, it was normal. now i cant get it to start normally at all.

·
I don't know you
16,615 Posts
well check/replace spark plugs if you suspect that is the culprit, if not you are only out 40$ and have done a premature spark plug change.

i think bent valves make a ticking noise, dont they?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was the idle control valve problem haha i coulda DIY fixed it but i didnt have the tools with me and i was farrrrr from home so i had to take it to a shop. whatta waste of $ =X thanks for the help guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts