Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what area were you working in when this happen? like under the hood or drivers side of the dash? also what were you doing when this started?
I wasn't working on anything. Long story short my dad disconnected something. He won't cooperate. All he told me was that nothing was taken off the car.
Any things I should be looking for? disconnected wires? etc? All of the fuses are accounted for, if that matters..

·
no longer blown ;(
6,576 Posts
aaaa lol so he is messing with you huh? checking for missing fusses(drivers kick panel and under hood) and that all your ecu plugs are plugged(passenger under dash) in and the factory security module is plugged in(drivers side under dash). also is your immobilizer light flashing (green key on gauges)

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aaaa lol so he is messing with you huh? checking for missing fusses(drivers kick panel and under hood) and that all your ecu plugs are plugged(passenger under dash) in and the factory security module is plugged in(drivers side under dash). also is your immobilizer light flashing (green key on gauges)
Engine bay looks fine to me. But thats the thing, im not sure what i should be looking for. I haven't checked the passenger under dash...

There's something unplugged on the drivers side under the dash, but there's only one side of the plug, but im 100% sure it was unplugged before this, so that's not it.

He's not very ECU-orientated. hes a muscle car guy. So I'm thinking something mechanical... would swapping / unplugging the spark plugs do this?

And no, nothing's flashing... nothing happens at all... its like the whole car is completley dead.

:run: :run: :run:
CRSX last resort... i spent 20 minutes staring at everything feeling like a pwned noob

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there are no plugs on the driverside of the dash that dont plug into something. what color is the plug and about how big is it. and does the dash lights come on when you turn the key and does it try to crank at all when you turn the key?
It's a metal plug... ehhh it reminds me of the kind of plug like a computer printer has. :dontknow:

No lights come on. No crank at all. It's completely dormant. Nothing happens. The lights don't even turn on when i open the door.

·
no longer blown ;(
6,576 Posts
if you can take a pic i can tell you what it is but if you get no light or any thing with the key then i would say it is your battery or main fuse cause that is the only thing that could completely kill the vehicle. i would start yru search in the fuse box under the hood but im still curious as to what that plug could be.

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ehhh clutch doesnt matter if the acc. doesnt even go on.

The fusebox under the hood seemed like it had everything there... Which one is the main fuse?

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
he could've disconnect the chassis side of the ground wire that is connected to the battery.
[noob] Where's that at on the battery? [/noob]

no if he disconnected the starter the ignition would still turn on but it wouldnt crank.
but as far as the fuse goes, just pop the cover off and they are labeled on the back. the main fuse should say either 12volt or b+ also check the ignition fuse which should be labeled as ign
Yeah everything's good in the box.

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
follow the ground from the battery, it connects to the chassis right by the fuse box
K thanks. That might be it. It's getting late so im going to check it in the morning.

This just popped in my head... could he have placed something in between the connection of the battery anode and the clamp? That could be it, too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.