Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· I am a non smoker
1,684 Posts
so it is safe to put wax that goes on paint on cf hoods? iv heard cf hoods at hot summer states tend to start fading and turning sorta yellow, is this true? and will layers upon layers of good wax stop it from fading in the summer?

· Premium Member
7,792 Posts
DallasRSX said:
so it is safe to put wax that goes on paint on cf hoods? iv heard cf hoods at hot summer states tend to start fading and turning sorta yellow, is this true? and will layers upon layers of good wax stop it from fading in the summer?
If it's yellowing it's because of either of 2 things
- They put on too much wax and the bottom layers are breaking down. It turns yellow, that's why you should use a paint cleaner or give it a good dish detergent wash every year or 2 to stop wax build-up.
Dish detergents may be harsh... but that's kinda the idea when you are stripping off wax.

- Second might be a cheap resin that goes brittle and crusty and shows up which is why you should buy CF from shops that are reputable.

· Rice Rocket to Musclecar
191 Posts
Why don't people paint the carbon fiber hoods when they put them on? You never see a car that actually comes with it as a different color. Red Ferraris come with red hoods, and yes, I know some of the faster Ferraris are all carbon fiber.

Is it just a rice thing? Ricers want people to know (or perhaps just think) they have a carbon fiber hood? A white car with a black hood looks ridiculous.

· Registered
151 Posts
I don't think it's necessarily a "ricer" thing, for some it's just personal preference. I personally am considering eventually getting a cf hood because I like the contrast between the cf hood and the ssm paint... I wouldn't be doing it in an attempt to impress anyone, I just think it looks good.

· Blue Beast
625 Posts
Just don't get fiberglass... we cracked my buddy's bumper just driving up in Big Bear didn't hit anything it just cracked from a combo of cold and road shakes I guess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.