Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
one.4our.3hree
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone who works with carbon fiber.. (maybe revhard?).. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee design one of these for an rsx... and make it work for the OEM KIT!!! cause i want one baddddddddddd

·
one.4our.3hree
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
..PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

·
clubrsx NO-BODY
5,410 Posts
what do those two splitters do ???
does that hold up the front lip ????

·
one.4our.3hree
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually there are no splitters on that lip.. splitters usually flare out the sides...

anyways, ive seen this lip "add-on" on an integra also. and it looks TOO NICE... it *might* be universal and fit on anything, but im not sure.. its adjustable as u can tell by those 2 metal things that hold it.. hold on let me search for the pic of it on the integrA!

·
one.4our.3hree
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
integ w/lip 1.. notice how its an add-on to any existing bumper/lip

·
one.4our.3hree
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another one.. ew wassup w/the rims.. haha

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i love those things...they look beautiful on bmw's more than anything. And they actually work! (if you can get it tuned correctly)

·
clubrsx NO-BODY
5,410 Posts
i am still confused ......

the only thing that flares out the sides of a bumper or lip would be the canards ???

·
one.4our.3hree
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hamsup said:
i am still confused ......

the only thing that flares out the sides of a bumper or lip would be the canards ???

this prelude from WW has a splitter.. look on the side.. notice how it "flares"

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
no...a spliter doesn't have to flare out on the side...and yes the wing things on the side of the bumper are canards...

the whole point of a spliter is for added downforce on the front end of the car when on the track...and to allow less air from going under the body of the car which results in lift (turbulence under the car)...

that's why you see race cars with real low front bumpers (spliters) and with real low side skirts...late

·
Registered
831 Posts
That is one badass Integra (the one w/ the bronze wheels, not the chrome)

·
behind your rearview
9,244 Posts
yeah splitters create more downforce as sjracer said, thus having a reduction in lift... (lift=really bad in a racecar, I'm sure you've seen F1 cars have the nose rise and then flip over out of no where)

our cars don't go fast enough to generate that much lift nor are they light enough for it to really matter, but it does create more downforce than any other lip spoiler can... they're more functional over fashion... since most of them are just flat pieces that stick out of the bumper...

·
one.4our.3hree
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lets stop talking about what they are and what they do.. and start discussing where i can get one for my rsx :B

i think it looks PIMP.. ive always seen cars with splitters to be damn intimidating. most of the splitters ive seen sit about 3 inches off the ground..

·
E46 M3
614 Posts
jdmrsx79 said:
its on ebay... just look under rsx carbon fiber. jspec2002 sells it.

Uh no he doesnt, he sells a replica C-West font lip.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts