Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welll cars have been getting stolen in my town very frequently these past few months.....it just happened 2 days ago to a close friend of mine....she had a 2006 honda civic EX.....i was told that they have a similar security system as our RSX and are unstealable unless they are towed...well she was parked with a driveway infront of her, and her car was definelty towed....there was no signs of broken glass on the floor or anything....my car also had a huge space infront of it...i wonder y they didnt steal mine instead...i would think the parts would have been more valuable to them.....her car is auto and mine is an rsx-s so its obviosuly stick, i always leave it in gear with the E-brake up and have a club on the steering wheel....could this have scared them off? I also leave my wheel turned towards the curb which i heard makes it harder to tow? any other precautions i can take which will make it harder for them to steal it, i try to park it as close to my house as possible so i will hear the alarm go off if anything.....if my car is getting towed, will the alarm go off?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lo jack :thumbsup:
even if i had that, by the time i wake up and notice the car is gone, the whole car would b found stripped or damaged.....i wouldnt want my car back that they probably beat the shit out of or fuked up in those few hours of having it in their possession....can someone answer the questions i asked in the original post

·
More go less show
967 Posts
Your best method of prevention is to lower your liability. Lower your insurance deductible have photos of any mods. Gps devices and lo-jack are not really worth it unless you have a truly irreplacible vehicle. Think about it do you really want your car back after its been stolen?:)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your best method of prevention is to lower your liability. Lower your insurance deductible have photos of any mods. Gps devices and lo-jack are not really worth it unless you have a truly irreplacible vehicle. Think about it do you really want your car back after its been stolen?:)
o well my car is leased so i cant do that...i got a really good deal on the lease, and if its stolen i get no money back and im left with no car.....

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
Let them take it and buy a Volvo

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.