Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big fan of CART in addition to being an RSX fanatic, so the Acura pacecar (see pics on this site) has me drooling. How much do you think it would cost me to get the graphics and paint job done on my Type-S?

I don't want to get the entire car done, so it would have to be a Firepepper and Silver combo. I'm going to try to get more info on the pacecar through Acura/Honda... Maybe I can even contact the shop who did everything? I went to 5 CART races this year, but unfortunately, it wasn't running or being displayed at any of them... I've only seen it on the web and on TV.

Damn, that baby kicks ass!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I honestly can't tell you how much it would cost, but an interesting fact about the car is that it was originally Premium White Pearl with the Titanium interior before the Blue/Silver scheme was applied. If you look at pics of the car, the door jambs and engine bay are white, plus the blue and silver cars don't come with titanium interiors. :)

F

·
0 Posts
I'm a huge CART fan too (hence the screen name) but the RSX pace car was running at Laguna Seca this year. I sat in it back in the paddock too. Very nice. You gotta catch a race at Laguna man, it's one of the best for spectators along with Mid-Ohio and Elkhart Lake. Road courses rule!

·
Registered
192 Posts
ptracey - Wow there are folks on this site who like something besides drag racing. I hope the new CEO of CART can save them from their slid into death. I sure wish there was a CART road race someplace closer to South Florida so I could attend. Some of the CART team do their winter testing at the Sebring road course but they never do it on weekends when I could drop by. (Track is only 1 hour away from my place) If you are ever on the East Coast in the spring another great race is the 12 hours of Sebring. I have been at every one since 72. Now you know that I am an old fart!

F

·
0 Posts
Wow, I was BORN in 72! :eek: You are a REAL race fan. Cool. For me, I don't care too much about straight line speed, cuz to me the real talent is in the corners. It's fun to go fast staight, but nothing compared to hugging the apex at 80mph! Yea, I hope Chris Pook (new CART CEO) can pull us through this drought. Heitzler just screwed CART even further into the grave all last year. I hope to God that they recind their engine mandate for '03. I just cannot see how CART could lose to the IRL. :firemad: All they have is Indy, that's it. We cannot lose out to them. Nice to see some fellow road racing fans on the board. Sebring is nice. Never been in person tho. I worked at Laguna for two seasons so I still go over there for the races.

See ya round... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ptracy26... Yeah, too bad Paul didn't have a better year. Laguna Seca looks pretty cool... I'm kinda sorta thinking about trying to go to the '02 season preview there Feb 9-10. I'm in PGH, so it's pretty far away.

Also glad to see that there are fellow open wheel fans on the board... When you think about it, so much R&D comes from racing that I'm surprised more import tuners aren't interested. There's nothing on the road as intense as a turbocharged, 900 HP, 17000 RPM Champ car engine. Of course, Honda's pulling out of CART and they're moving to NA, low-rev IRL engines. Oh well.

As for the graphics and paint job, if I'm crazy enough, maybe I'll have the whole car done in blue and silver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts