Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a rsx-s and I want to do catless headers for future performance reasons but my question is would a tune be necessary to pass emissions, or would a defouler work just fine? I have heard that the defouler isn’t 100% guaranteed to not trigger the CEL and I’m ok with that but my main focus is on passing emissions

·
WILDCARD!
1,348 Posts
What kind of test is this? Sniffer test at the exhaust exit or pulling the info from the ECU? The defouler is meant to fool the ECU, so you might be able to pass that type of test. It won't help with the other type, though.

Also, do they visually inspect your exhaust? If so, they'll notice the cat is gone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of test is this? Sniffer test at the exhaust exit or pulling the info from the ECU? The defouler is meant to fool the ECU, so you might be able to pass that type of test. It won't help with the other type, though.

Also, do they visually inspect your exhaust? If so, they'll notice the cat is gone.
I live in VA so if i’m not mistaken ecu test I’m on a stock ecu rn and I’m not in need of a ktuner (yet) ik a tech that could look past me having a cat if that’s an issue, I was just wondering if the car would run properly with just a defouler to throw the engine light

1 - 4 of 4 Posts