Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new here. I have a 2002 stock base RSX that I'm in the process of ordering I/H/E for... But budget is a little tight. I'm planning on installing the exhaust and headers myself and was wondering if I could keep the stock cat and just do the headers and exhaust. Would that nullify the power gains/sound from the exhaust and headers? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
948 Posts
The cat is the biggest restrictor in terms of flow. Get a race header for the best gains and 3in catback but it's going to be loud.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, the cat will nullify your gains, but not by much.

I've done the whole Reflash, I/H/E on my base and the gains are there, but its not much for the amount of time and money you spend. Throttle response is better on the highway but you'll have to hit Vtec to feel any gains.

If you're putting headers, remember you'll need to look into upgraded mounts. If you're not going to upgrade your mounts, get a DCRH so if you damage your header, you'll just need to replace the flex pipe.

Save up and get K-Pro so you can look into putting a K24. I'm sure a bone stock K24 would smoke a K20A3 with bolt ons.

·
Vaginal Lubrication Tech
338 Posts
The cat is the biggest restrictor in terms of flow. Get a race header for the best gains and 3in catback but it's going to be loud.
put one of those spinny things on it, what are they called, oh yeah, turbo. put one of those turbo things on instead of the race header. It will be alot quieter.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts