Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a CBR 600F2 in south jersey last night.. looked it over and no leaks, everything seems well maintained, etc. He's asking for 3g's but KBB is listing it at 2550 - going to try and talk him down a bit more.

This is going to be my first bike, I was looking at ninja 250's and 500's but I can't seem to find a good deal. I figured, being an older 600cc bike, it wouldn't be as bad as starting off on the more powerful current models.

I'll take some pics upon delivery.

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, and I don't think i'll grow out of it as quick. I sat on a 250 and it just felt too small for me, and the one ninja 500 was the same price as this one so I figured I might as well just hop on the 600 deal.

It does need some minor cosmetic work and maybe new tires, but looking at them and what the owner said, I should get at least the season out of them.

·
PM onebad 4n00ds
11,891 Posts
3k sounds like a lot I just saw a 2003 Kawi600 with 4000 miles for $4500, if you can get him between 2-2500 then you have a deal.

Reactions: Unplugged

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
yeah, and I don't think i'll grow out of it as quick. I sat on a 250 and it just felt too small for me, and the one ninja 500 was the same price as this one so I figured I might as well just hop on the 600 deal.

It does need some minor cosmetic work and maybe new tires, but looking at them and what the owner said, I should get at least the season out of them.
My friend bought a new 250 ninja and he is starting to complain that it is to small, but I think it's a good idea to get a smaller bike first.

The honda wont be too tall.

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it down to 2700 and he'll deliver it - he's about an hour away. I'm not gonna argue on another 150 per KBB.. the bike has really low mileage as well.

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also bought a mountain bike, to get into riding again - plus exercise. I used to take corners pretty good, now I take'em wide..can't believe how bad i got over the past 7 years.

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
I also bought a mountain bike, to get into riding again - plus exercise. I used to take corners pretty good, now I take'em wide..can't believe how bad i got over the past 7 years.
nothing to stress about...just a good hour of riding and you'll be back

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nothing to stress about...just a good hour of riding and you'll be back
yeah i took it for about 7 1/2 miles already today. The first 5 minutes was tough. I"m also not used to sitting so high. I got some better balance around turns, but I can't lean in at all to make them sharper without worrying about falling off. I guess it doesn't help the ground is still moist from the rain we had earlier too. I can't believe i'm actually going to modify this bike - it needs new softer grips and a better seat cushion. I also need pants to go riding in as jeans and shorts are really uncomfortable.

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
lol jeans and shorts are gonna be uncomfortable if you crash in them...lol yeah for slower manuvers i need to practice them...i couldnt do a tight u-turn to save my life

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol jeans and shorts are gonna be uncomfortable if you crash in them...lol yeah for slower manuvers i need to practice them...i couldnt do a tight u-turn to save my life
lol.. yeah. The pants I was looking at were around 40 bucks. I might grab them tomorrow as well so I can be comfortable. Hopefully by the end of June i'll be good enough to hit the trails. There's a few nice places to go riding and anything there will help me with balancing as well. I'm going to setup some cones in a few days and practice doing a 180 degree turn within a 10ft radius and then keep going smaller.

As for the CBR, i'll have it in a week or two. Our garage doors are getting redone so I sort of asked the seller to hold off on delivering it. Plus it'll give me more time to actually ride the bicycle..haha I still need to get gear for the m/c. I'll hit up the dealer during the week and at least grab some gloves and helmet to start.

·
Registered
914 Posts
where in SJ did u find it?

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
not yet ill try and get some though...:thumbsup:

what color is yours?
its silver - he painted it all silver and put some flames on it.. which i'm going to take off...lol

After the season, if I still enjoy this bike and it still runs good, i'm going to bring it back to the factory look. (silver/black)

·
Registered
914 Posts
its silver - he painted it all silver and put some flames on it.. which i'm going to take off...lol

After the season, if I still enjoy this bike and it still runs good, i'm going to bring it back to the factory look. (silver/black)
yeah same here the guy who owns it painted it purple and put yellow flames on it...:thumbsdown:... it looks alright but i wanna paint it glossy black after the season is over.

we should def. meet up and ride... i kno i few people that ride too:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts