Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got a k24 frank build, and b4 i did the swap, the cc stage 4 clutch used to grab real nice and hard. Now after the swap, it grabs worse than a stock clutch. I could sit there driving with the rpms around 4k and release the clutch and then press it again, and i wouldn't even get a mean jerk, i barely feel anything. Im thinking it may be the flywheel, as im using a stock flywheel which a friend said hed get resurfaced for me, but i later found out he only us a air tool (its that tool you used to clean the surface up of parts like the head or block when doing a headgasket) to polish it up. The pedal however feels firm and strong, just like the stage 4 pressure plate should when pressing the clutch. Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it holds, its not slipping. But just feels weak being a stage 4. It feels like a stock cluch. Doesn't bang at high rpms or jerk when your driving like an idiot. I could down shift, and rev the shit out of it b4 releasing the clutch and no jerk or bang at all.

·
0 Posts
Did he just install a Stage-4 disc and re-use the OEM Exedy pressure plate, LOL?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stage 4...lol its got me confused. I can chirp 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th, so i know its not slipping, but then it feels nothing like a cc stage 4. If worst comes to worse i may have to rip it apart and see whats going on..ugh

·
0 Posts
Why don't you ask your buddy who did the install what precisely was done to your car?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
because hes an idiot who disappeared. No way to contact him....just like ken from peakboost

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he also butchered up a few things, which i found eventually like the fact he only installed one bolt for my tranny mount...smh

·
0 Posts
Well, it sounds like you have a decision to make.

Drive it like it is and don't worry about it or drop the tranny and see what's up in there if curiosity gets the better of you.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im in the process of going boosted so now its got me thinking even more, either i take care of it now, or wait till my tranny blows(since i plan on doin around 400-500hp) and then take care of it at that time.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts