Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after some beating on the freeway. my CEL comes on when i start the car and blinks like 6-7 times and then goes off. i can't remember if this happen before and i never noticed or it just came up. but i can't help but look at it everytime i start my car.

what you guys think? anyone with same situation?

·
Registered
439 Posts
thats weird that it doesnt stay on or keep blinking. TECH blinking CEL is a missfire

·
SmartAss
6,874 Posts
first lets start this off the right way.

is the the cel or the maintance required light
i bet it the maint. req. light . if its flashin that means its time the change your oil. if you just did you didnt reset the light.

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
mis-fire.. i remember that.

·
Doomsday Has Come Early
3,079 Posts
Just reset the light. I just had to reset mine the other day.

·
Glock17
243 Posts
Wow, no one on this site bothers to read their manual I guess. You're due for an oil change.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Alright...guys I know that this is beating on a dead horse already and I know that there are alot of threads on this but Ive been noticing the Maintenace Req. light blinks 7 times everytime I start it. I tried reseting it and it still blinks. Is there something that Im doing wrong??? I know its not affecting anything but it bugs the hell outta me!!

·
WE GOT DEBRIS!
6,949 Posts
Wait so was it the Maintenace light, or was it really a CEL?

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
Alright...guys I know that this is beating on a dead horse already and I know that there are alot of threads on this but Ive been noticing the Maintenace Req. light blinks 7 times everytime I start it. I tried reseting it and it still blinks. Is there something that Im doing wrong??? I know its not affecting anything but it bugs the hell outta me!!
- Hold the Odometer Button down (how you would reset the meter) before you put in the key.
- Put the key in and put it in to pisition II (before the start crank) while still holding down the button.

THe light will stay solid for a few seconds and then blink off.

From this point, you can start the car or remove the key. The light has been cleared and it will come on again in the next uhh 10,000 miles (i think)

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Hey

last time I tried to reset my maint req'd light I couldn't get it to reset. I tried maybe 4 times and on the 4th time it reset. The only thing I noticed is that I had turned my headlights off before the last try.

Goodluck

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks guys!!! Will do as soon as I get out of work!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
439 Posts
we still don't know if its the maintance or cel, but o well ha

·
WE GOT DEBRIS!
6,949 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I know, no where to be found!!!! But tried that MR light reset, and worked like a charm!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
if you're talking about the CEL.. the light that's located in between the oil light and the battery light (illuminated orange) it is due to a change in emissions or something. I don't remember the exact words but it's in your owner's manual.. the first time I put my RH on and I reset the ecu, my CEL would flash 7-8 times in accessory. Afterwards, it'd go off. The manual said that you had to drive ~200 miles until the light would stop flashing.

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
Wow, no one on this site bothers to read their manual I guess. You're due for an oil change.
Actually no.

We dont have oil life monitors.

The Maint. Required will always be illuminated every 10k miles, even if you changed the oil at 9.9k miles

1 - 20 of 24 Posts