Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
That's the last thing a 21 yro broke ass college student wants to hear. Well what one do you suggest I buy Chris? And what's the best way not to damage the damn thing when installing and uninstalling it?

Also it will come on and off pretty much every other day. Does that mean it could be the connection? Or its for sure bad..

·
Registered
286 Posts
anyone know if i could use 2006-2008 civic si primary o2 sensor on my rsx-s??...reason i asked because i found a site selling it for $118...part # is 36531-RRA-013 and it's different from acura's so i was just wondering if it would work before ordering it...i know i could just get some denso brand o2 sensor but i really wanna stick with oem...anyone have a clue??

·
Where the hood at?
455 Posts
I just got the P0134 code also, but my CEL came on then turned off for a few hours and then today it turned back off. should i replace the primary o2 sensor even if the CEL stays off?

·
Registered
286 Posts
it won't work, we sell several Denso sensors a day
thanks chris...almost bought the wrong o2 sensor...so i guess DEN-234-9005 is the o2 sensor i need right??...i have a 03 rsx-s....btw you guys dont sell NGK primary sensor do you??...cuz i see NGK secondary o2 but i can't find the primary in your store...

I just got the P0134 code also, but my CEL came on then turned off for a few hours and then today it turned back off. should i replace the primary o2 sensor even if the CEL stays off?
yea i think you should...cuz i got the same code and my car runs like shit even though the CEL is off...it comes and goes...but does yours usually comes on after turning the a/c on for a while or after a long drive like 30-45 minutes??...cuz mine always come on after either one of those??..and i dunno if thats normal but yea imma replace mine cuz it's been like that for atleast a year now...

·
Where the hood at?
455 Posts
yea i think you should...cuz i got the same code and my car runs like shit even though the CEL is off...it comes and goes...but does yours usually comes on after turning the a/c on for a while or after a long drive like 30-45 minutes??...cuz mine always come on after either one of those??..and i dunno if thats normal but yea imma replace mine cuz it's been like that for atleast a year now...
I havent really noticed anything when i use the a/c, I already pruchased the sensor from crsx didnt want to take any chances, just replace it and then i wont have to worry about making the car run like shit, thanks for the reply

·
Registered
286 Posts
i have the helm but i cant find the page or section for switching out o2 sensor...do the helm even have a page for that???...cuz the diy on here have no picture and i'm kinda of a visual learner so yea some pix would help alot....i know its simple for alot of you but its my first time switching out an o2 sensor...so give me a break...

·
Registered
286 Posts
I havent really noticed anything when i use the a/c, I already pruchased the sensor from crsx didnt want to take any chances, just replace it and then i wont have to worry about making the car run like shit, thanks for the reply
kool man...is your car running normal??...yea im about to buy mine from crsx too..

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
thanks chris...almost bought the wrong o2 sensor...so i guess DEN-234-9005 is the o2 sensor i need right??...i have a 03 rsx-s....btw you guys dont sell NGK primary sensor do you??...cuz i see NGK secondary o2 but i can't find the primary in your store...

Dude I have the same exact problem. I checked everything again yesterday all connections were good and I go to turn the car on. Bam no cel then I turn on the ac and :fuu: it came on haha. Oh well. I havnt had any real loss in mpg which I find very strange if supposedly my primary o2 is bad.

·
Registered
93 Posts
P1166 Air/Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater System Electrical Problem
P1166 Heated Oxgen Sensor Sensor1 (Primary HO2S) Heater Circuit Malfunction
P1167 Air/Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater System Malfunction
P1167 Heated Oxygen Sensor Sensor1 (Primary LAF HO2S) Heater System Malfunction

i got these CEL on my car, might be a stupid question but are these CELs just the front o2 sensor or are they both? because someone said to me i need to change both of them, but it seems that it is just saying sensor1 for all of them CELs.. tnx

·
keep it coming.
185 Posts
P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold

I got this code BEFORE the bottom end of my A2 blew out. It was running really bad and the guy says this could possibly just be because my engine was running so badly. But my cousin said that it was my O2 sensor... Any suggestions?

181 - 200 of 227 Posts