Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

221 - 227 of 227 Posts

·
Grammar Nazi
476 Posts
My car is throwing a 141 code for the secondary o2 sensor. It's located behind the cat right?
That's what I thought too until I saw the mention of a tertiary 02 Sensor. :dontknow:

In for an answer on this.

I'm also throwing a P1298 - Electric Load Detector (ELD) Circuit High Voltage
Anyone know how to resolve this one?

I've also got two P0420 codes, one regular like that and then one like this:

In case anyone didn't understand the difference, the second one has what looks like a p and d next to it. The description on my OBDII reader is the same for both. My reader also says 'Mod' and gives a price with each code. For example, this one said 'Mod $11'.

·
Registered
248 Posts
That's what I thought too until I saw the mention of a tertiary 02 Sensor. :dontknow:

In for an answer on this.

I'm also throwing a P1298 - Electric Load Detector (ELD) Circuit High Voltage
Anyone know how to resolve this one?

I've also got two P0420 codes, one regular like that and then one like this:

In case anyone didn't understand the difference, the second one has what looks like a p and d next to it. The description on my OBDII reader is the same for both. My reader also says 'Mod' and gives a price with each code. For example, this one said 'Mod $11'.
when the ELD trips, that means theres is usually a short somewhere...alone with the P0420 code, i would check the 2nd o2 sensor wirings (specially if you have installed a defouler..) fix the short and you may also have to replace the ELD sensor too for around 16 bucks.:thumbsup:

ELD on a late model civic..rsx should be similiar.

·
Registered
17 Posts
when the ELD trips, that means theres is usually a short somewhere...alone with the P0420 code, i would check the 2nd o2 sensor wirings (specially if you have installed a defouler..) fix the short and you may also have to replace the ELD sensor too for around 16 bucks.:thumbsup:

ELD on a civic..rsx should be similiar.

^this. I just replaced my ELD and primary o2 (1167 I believe) and my other cel's went away (such as high voltage to TPS).

·
Grammar Nazi
476 Posts

ELD on a late model civic..rsx should be similiar.

Awesome, thanks man :thumbsup:

Anybody know about the p/d on the P0420 code?

·
RSX addict
1 Posts
Having a hard time reading CELs

Hey everybody, ive been reading ClubRSX forums for 5 years now and i can usually solve issues just by reading the forums. Anyways I have had a CEL on for several years. I have been unable to solve it, had problems passing smog because of it, etc. On top of that I recently put on new rotors, bled my brakes like 3 times trying to get excess air out (had a bad seal on a caliper, recently replaced it) and since then i have an ABS light on as well. Can anyone help me read the codes? I dont have a code reader so im doing the paperclip method. Here is a video showing the codes on the gauge cluster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fGNdX5kByQ&feature=youtu.be

thanks everyone!

221 - 227 of 227 Posts