Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

CEL P0661 on K20A3 Base Manual RSX

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Elb1to 
#1 ·
CEL P0661, my RSX is a base manual from 2006, running the PRB HF-2 intake manifold from the RSX TypeS with a IRMC bypass valve.

So, after replacing a bunch of messed up sensors, wires and plugs, I scanned the car again to make sure everything was ok and got one last code, P0661 which refers to the
Intake Manifold Runner Control Valve Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage.

Of course since the PRB IM (from the TypeS) isn't the same as PPA IM (from the base model), it doesn't have dual runners and I don't have KPro either, I bought the car with that PRB IM already in it.

The issue here is that the car won't start if the IMRC bypass valve is connected, but the car was running fine for months with the bypass valve connected and now it's having that issue.

So my question is, should I just get the PPA Manifold the base RSX comes with or should I replace the IMRC bypass valve and hope it solves this issue?

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Get the correct manifold or get Kpro. There's no sense in using the PRB with a factory tune. I'm surprised you've even been able to drive it like that.
Yea, I'm surprised it ran fine with that PRB without KPro 😂
I got plans for KPro, but not right now tbh (I got the money for it atm either way) but since I already spent around 3.7k in November/December rebuilding the trans, fixing electrical issues, sensors, motor mounts, I'd rather having the car running fine without issues for a bit. I have to pay for the BC Racing coilovers I ordered and also get new wheels and tires.

Thanks for your input, I'll get the PPA IM in that case, $150~$200 for a used one seems like a decent price, right?

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I may have the whole manifold setup for you. I switched from ppa to prb and went turbo. I will chime back in when I get off work and post pics of what I have if you'd like.
I'm getting it locally in my country since I need it asap, thanks for offering though!

That being said, you mentioned you turbo'd your base RSX (I'm assuming it's a base model since you had a PPA IM before), so I got a few questions.

How's it going so far and how reliable is it being?
How much money did you spend to turbo it, did you use a kit or something else?
What's your current whp after turboing it?

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Oh snap, I did not see the flag, my bad!

It's fairly reliable, I'd like to think. I threw on a turbonetics turbo kit on it at 188k. I am now at 197k with no issues to report pushing 12psi the entire time.

I forget everything I've had to buy but I think I spent somewhere around $4500 usd for everything. Turbo kit, kpro, exhaust, intake manifold, fuel pump, injectors and other little odds and ends.

I still have no idea of what it's making. I've only had a thorough street tune done. I would like to dyno but I think I want to rebuild the transmission next and toss in an LSD as well. It's fun for what it is, but I would probably turbo a k20a2 rather than the base because of VTEC only being on the intake side.

I am still getting beat by the majority of v8 cars too, so that's no fun.
I see, glad to hear you're not having any issues with it so far.

Maybe get it dyno'd and retuned to get the most out of it, for 4.5K it can for sure make more power.

I may consider either swapping in a K20A or turboing the K20A3 because of it's low compression and forging the internals to be able to handle more psi.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Ended up buying the whole PPA Intake Manifold + Rotary Valve assembly for it.

I'll try to take off the PRB manifold tomorrow, it's being a pain in the ass due to one of the 5 bolts being tightened as fuck and I can't get any tool since the space is pretty tight.

I'll be buying KPro on monday, so I gotta send them my ECU and then I should be getting the ECU back in like a month or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.