Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
an advanced thanks 4 rep!
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive my RSX daily on the highway and in the innercity. I don't know if you guys been in FL and other states that have i-95 but damn those roads are so nasty with rocks and dings n construction.

So i was cleaning my RSX and waxing it and I realized there is like either cement or hard sand that is stuck on my sideskirts. I cant seem to rub it off with the wash sponge and I dont want to do anything that will scratch the sideskirts. I will take pictures tomorrow but do you guys have any suggestions on how to get it off?

·
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here are the pictures as promised

Picture 1: close picture of the sideskirt
picture 2: distant picture of the sideskirt
picture 3: underneathe the sideskirt
picture 4: closest view of the sideskirt

on the 4th picture, i cant tell if those are scratch marks or if theyre just mudmarks from driving onto puddles on the highway.

Attachments

·
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
really? does it affect your paint or anything? im kinda paranoid of putting pressure on it and wiping it because im thinking it might loosen the sediments and scratch the sideskirts.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Try Goo-Gone spray and high pressure water. Don't physically rub off with anything. I am not concerned about where it is stuck, but the particles that come lose might scratch the paint if to try to wipe.
Try WD40 to soak that up and see if it loosens anything... just a thought.

·
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright thanks for the good looks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've had similar debris on my skirts as well, and using goo gone, as mentioned by PkTRkT, works quite well. The paint will stay if you're gentle. Let it soak in for a while...then use a damp cloth and gently remove it. Good Luck!

·
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
white_squall said:
I've had similar debris on my skirts as well, and using goo gone, as mentioned by PkTRkT, works quite well. The paint will stay if you're gentle. Let it soak in for a while...then use a damp cloth and gently remove it. Good Luck!
i never used goo gone before. is it meant for painted portions on the car? and how long did u let it settle for?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.