Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I Don't Even
9,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend calls me and says that he needs me to install his stock header/cat back on. so im thinking he probably got pulled over for having no cat since CA laws suck ass. so im underneath the car unbolting the exhaust and the o2 sensors and look what i find:rotfl:

owner of the car says he was just driving normally then out of no where he heard a pop noise and his car got louder and he checked underneath the pipe after the flex "mesh* area is completely ripped off:dontknow:

just thought i'd post this cause i know ceramics are known to crack or whatever, but i've never heard of this happening:noes:

·
Registered
634 Posts
holy shit thats crazy , did he have esmm's or a torque damper?

·
I don't know anything
80 Posts
This is why you don't buy shitty headers in the first place. Sorry dude but shit like this should be entirely expected when you by a galvanized steel pipe with a 4-5 inch flex pipe. It's a transverse mounted block, it's going to flex a shit load especially if the kid is wheel hopping it off the line or generally being a shitty driver.

I'd tell the dude to pick up one of these and gut out as much of the dc section as possible and have his shop weld a flange on it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-5-...arms=39:1|65:1|240:1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

G

·
This is why you don't buy shitty headers in the first place. Sorry dude but shit like this should be entirely expected when you by a galvanized steel pipe with a 4-5 inch flex pipe. It's a transverse mounted block, it's going to flex a shit load especially if the kid is wheel hopping it off the line or generally being a shitty driver.

I'd tell the dude to pick up one of these and gut out as much of the dc section as possible and have his shop weld a flange on it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-5-...arms=39:1|65:1|240:1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245
The DCRH is one of the better built headers out there.

·
Blank Member
3,891 Posts
It's normal with the Dc Ceramic header and it will break if you don't have motor mounts/inserts
Well that's why you wait until you have mounts or something to intall a RH

The DCRH is one of the better built headers out there.
I agree I've had mine and it's made of decent metals. Thick not like some other companies who make flimsy headers.

·
Registered
13,538 Posts
It's normal with the Dc Ceramic header and it will break if you don't have motor mounts/inserts
don't go running around posting that shit.

I had a ceramic header and had no problems at all, and the person who has it now I assume has had no problems. and I would put money on a bunch of other people who will agree. lets switch it to not uncommon for ALL flex pipe headers, the SS can do it Toda's can snap, it's not just one type.

we can even go as far as saying adding a flex pipe is a design flaw, its not needed.

TS save the trouble and weld a solid pipe in place.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
No ESMM or stiffer mounts will do this. That is why it is recommended to use at least ESMMs with the DCRH. I've seen this happen on a Toda piece too. The motor moves too much under the lack of traction when launching hard or shifting too fast...those poor flex pipes won't be able to stand it.

I had my DCRH for 3 years w/o a problem. I had one from the original batch too!

·
05 Rsx-T, 07 TL-S, 07 R6
1,181 Posts
yeah my flex pipe went bad too right now it sounds like im running open header

·
4-MMC OG
1,907 Posts
don't go running around posting that shit.

I had a ceramic header and had no problems at all, and the person who has it now I assume has had no problems. and I would put money on a bunch of other people who will agree. lets switch it to not uncommon for ALL flex pipe headers, the SS can do it Toda's can snap, it's not just one type.

we can even go as far as saying adding a flex pipe is a design flaw, its not needed.

TS save the trouble and weld a solid pipe in place.
2 months later, but confirmed. The header is still in great shape, not even flaking :thumbsup: Its what, like a 5 year old header too?

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
my flex pipe broke when i had td, then my replacement kteller flex pipe broke with innovative mounts...my obx is fine so far...

·
Registered
609 Posts
DCrh are good, you just need to run Innovative motor mounts with them... Or ESMM's or Ingalls stiffy... And they sell the flex pipe on CRSX under exhausts, so you can get it welded on and have your header back...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts