Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the CF hoods that I've seen (which aren't many) that look like the oem hood, don't appear to have anywhere for the windshield wiper squirters to go. Are there any quality hoods that have space for them? If not is it possible to add them? I screwed my front end and hood up so I guess I'm in the market now whethere I want to be or not.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
RydinSmoothX, I'm assuming you have the VIS Hood? I am going to be in the market for one in the next few months...would you recommend it?

·
Arizona Basketball
1,292 Posts
I have a VIS OEM style hood. FYI: It comes predrilled but the holes for the windshield washer nozzles are too big for the stock ones. So you'll have to figure out a way to keep them in there. Some people used duct tape and others bought universal windshield washer nozzles and said it fit perfectly.

·
Wreakin Havoc
1,654 Posts
I have a Fiber images CF hood which does not have pre drilled holes for the washer nozzles. I drilled holes in my cowl molding and hid my nozzles under there. Everything works fine too. It would take me about an hour to do it again. I would absolutely recomend this rather than drilling holes in a new hood or even getting a hood that has predrilled holes. I will post some pictures of it in a week or 2.

·
Registered
144 Posts
how much does the factory hood weigh and as well as the VIS hood? where would i be able to purchase it at a decent price.

PS: not trying to hi-jack your thread

·
Team S.C.A.P.
414 Posts
BEDSTRAPS said:
I have a Fiber images CF hood which does not have pre drilled holes for the washer nozzles. I drilled holes in my cowl molding and hid my nozzles under there. Everything works fine too. It would take me about an hour to do it again. I would absolutely recomend this rather than drilling holes in a new hood or even getting a hood that has predrilled holes. I will post some pictures of it in a week or 2.
Here's a pics of the plastic cowel where the washer jets have been put. I have a Fiber Images hood and refused to drill through the gorgeous CF. The Fiber Images hood weighs between 11 & 13 lbs if I remember correctly.

Attachments

·
Team S.C.A.P.
414 Posts
Yeah, they work with no issues. I'll take some close-up pics tomorrow during the day to give you a better view. The placement of the hoses is identical to when they were on the hood; just a couple small holes in the cowel (which needs to be off the car for the easiest installation) and it'll be good to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts