Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Must...stop...modding!!
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, me...Im mostly about going fast. My car looks pretty stock on the outside with the exceptions of Honda emblems all around, its lowered, and it has "JDM" headlights and redout tails.

Lately this CF craze has been getting to me. Im thinking of two things right now that I need your opinions on:

1) Should I get a CF hood and a CF trunk together? Mind you my car is black so the CF wont be that noticable, but still appreciated by people who know what it is. Im thinking this will save me some weight in the process OR

2) get a CF Type R lip kit. Mind you Im pretty much keeping my stock rims, possibly PC them gunmetal....OR

I could just save $900 something and use that to make my car faster....so throw your opinions out there...what do yall think?

·
turbo
1,293 Posts
do whatever it is that YOU like , dont go by what people will think or if it will be appreciated by other people, i.e. i got roll call stickers on the sides of my doors which most people on this site call rice, but in reality everyone has commented positive things about my car and I like them, so i say if you really looking to save weight and like carbon fiber , go ahead and get them, i know i am, hehe, but just go for whatever YOU yourself likes, take care

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
i personally like all the CF stuff, but I am thinking of painting my hood. And possibly doing the same if I got fenders.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
You appear to have a pretty solid base when it comes to performance mods, so I would say drop the money on a CF hood. I'm not a fan of the trunk though...that would be a personal decision on your part.

If you run a search, I think someone actually compared the weight of the stock hood to a CF hood, so you might want to check that out.

·
is Ultradian Bipolar
307 Posts
if you dont think the carbon fiber will "stick out" on the color why not look at the color carbon fiber. i think i am ording a few yard of the blue/black to make a dash kit and maybe an armrest . that might fall under custom though.:dontknow:
my opinion is do what you think is best, in the end its you thats has to like, and be proud of your car. would you ask others what clothes you would where for the day?
just my opinion though, back to being a newbie:thumbsup:
good luck

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
Considering all that CF isn't light enough to make a difference other than in your head and/or wallet, I would ditch the idea unless you like the look of carbon fiber.

I personally don't like the whole CF look... Just another import phase IMO!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well if you go w/ the cf rear hatch then you will be swaping to a rear lexan window thus saving lots of weight. I think it would be hot if you did the hood hatch combo but somehow got it to flow w/ the black like you said the people who know what it is will apreciate it.

·
03 PWP Type-S
1,118 Posts
I agree with Noslenwerd, the carbon fiber trunk lids look terrible, although I'm a huge fan of the carbon fiber hoods. I would say get a cf hood for sure.

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
rsxs03 said:
Well if you go w/ the cf rear hatch then you will be swaping to a rear lexan window thus saving lots of weight. I think it would be hot if you did the hood hatch combo but somehow got it to flow w/ the black like you said the people who know what it is will apreciate it.

If with a lexan window, yes, that would save weight... But unless building a drag car only, its pointless since you are gonna save like 1/100 of a sec in the 1/4 mile. I would do like hondata, intake, turbo, or some else with the money!

·
Registered
628 Posts
FaintReality said:
If with a lexan window, yes, that would save weight... But unless building a drag car only, its pointless since you are gonna save like 1/100 of a sec in the 1/4 mile. I would do like hondata, intake, turbo, or some else with the money!
well said!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
if you want the CF hatch, why not go for all CF all over the body? i found a CF type-r wing replica...what would you think of that? f0_o

·
Must...stop...modding!!
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im still deciding, I could just drop the money on something else. I want my car to be a little different, but at the same time, I am mostly focusing on performance. IF i go with anything, it will be the hatch, new glass and hood, or nothing else. THanks for the opinions.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Personally I think that CF on a black car looks a little odd. I respect CF and especially the person who plunked down the money to buy it, but I think it just looks off since the black in CF is just different than your paint. One idea I'm thinking of doing is either getting a black RSX-S and doing pretty much all black/gold, but if I got a white car I would definitely want a CF hood, hatch and paint the roof black for a smooth flow. If you like mainly performance I would go either with that or just a Type-R lip kit, not even in CF. It will keep your car looking fairly stock, but still add a little something extra over normal RSXs. Just my $.02.

·
Must...stop...modding!!
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
J-Money said:
Drop it all on the engine man!:thumbsup: :driving:
Starting to lean more towards doing that. I would rather be in front of the car trying to harass me than looking good behind it. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts