Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
16,924 Posts
Does it look stock? Yes, they're all stock looking but in CF.

Not LED's, but regular lights, and yes, you use your stock lights as the hatch doesn't come with lighting.

ViS Racing sells it for the cheapest price and they are good quality. www.visracing.com

Pics in the thread above.

Keep in mind, the stock glass is heavy so it could potentially crack the CF, the safest but would be to get Flex-A-Lite Fibreglass racing windows - but that's $$$.

·
K Builder
304 Posts
Keep in mind, the stock glass is heavy so it could potentially crack the CF, the safest but would be to get Flex-A-Lite Fibreglass racing windows - but that's $$$.
Since your a mod i'll be forgiving...

no... stock glass will not crack the CF, quite the oposite. the glass once urathaned on the windows re-inforces the structure quite a bit, without the glass the hatch does give a bit... since i had the glass on ti's much sturdier and feels more secure... putting the brake light is going to be a pain, such as making all the interior planels bolt up, you gotta be kinda good to make all the wiring and other stuff work. i did, took me 9 hours....

:)

·
16,924 Posts
hotwheelz said:
Since your a mod i'll be forgiving...

no... stock glass will not crack the CF, quite the oposite. the glass once urathaned on the windows re-inforces the structure quite a bit, without the glass the hatch does give a bit... since i had the glass on ti's much sturdier and feels more secure... putting the brake light is going to be a pain, such as making all the interior planels bolt up, you gotta be kinda good to make all the wiring and other stuff work. i did, took me 9 hours....

:)
Hmm never knew that, although even other owners (and other members) are saying that the FAL windows are recommended.....

5,340 Posts
crazy said:
Hmm never knew that, although even other owners (and other members) are saying that the FAL windows are recommended.....
Im not sure how the Rsx hatches are, but for other cars, the weight of the factory rear glass is too heavy to be supported by a cf hatch.

·
K Builder
304 Posts
crazy said:
no the hatch is very well made the skeleton.... but it could crack with time.. the hardest thing i have to worry about is the "struts" because the hatch is so light if you don't hold on it will pop open to fast and bend the hings and buckle the top part.. ti's really light....

I SERIOUSLY don't recommend this if your not seeking experienced help, taking the glass off will not be easy, you also need the surround again. which could add to the cost.

make sure you pre-run all the wiring before you install the glass, because otherwise you WILL NOT be able to....

i don't have good pics of my car yet... show was too dark.. as soon as i can i will :O)

oh and if you feel generous,

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/569311

i just created it and i don't have star :(

·
My butterfly bit me
866 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well you will not need the flex plastic rear window. The stock glass works just fine. I was the first one to have the VIS hatch and I was the ginnie pig. It took about 30 minutes to remove all the wiring and remove the hatch then install the cf hatch. As for the glass I had a glass company do it for me. Much safer, seeing as that out rear hatch glass cost over 1500 dollars brand new.

It looks very clean, and is very well made. just look in sig for pics.

·
My butterfly bit me
866 Posts
i agree but the glass itself is where most of the weight is isnt it?

·
My butterfly bit me
866 Posts
hey crazy im not a flyers fan just a anti leafs fan. you can blame it on tucker. anyway nice link :tonguegri

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.