Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pugzministrator
501,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok as if it wasn't a bitch as it is to change the bulb on the OEM housing.....how in the hell do you change them on the halos...all i see are wires...no light bulbs. i'm starting to say that these headlights are nothing but a headache. i went and bought silverstars today just because i NEED head lights...the shit that was in the halos burnt out in 2 weeks and now i'm driving around with the high beams on...so if anyone has ever changed the bulbs in the halos let me know because i'm lost....gonna probably end up costing me as much as it did to install the headlights to go change a damn bulb! :firemad: :jigglemad :firemad:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
It will be easiest to do it if you just take the headlights off. You can do it yourself, it's not that hard.

When you changed the bulbs on the OEM housings, did you just do it while the headlights were still on the car? If your hands are small enough to fit in there, then you may able to do the same thing with the projectors.

Whichever way you choose, here's what you have to do...[I just took off my projectors today]...You have to take the rubber covering off the back of the bulb you want to change (the low beam in this case). Then push in the metal wire to unhook it, and it will swing out, releasing the thing that holds the H3 bulb in place. Pull that out, but remember it will remain attached to the housing, so you will have to do bulb swapping under the hood if you don't take the headlights off. Pull out the bulb, put in the new one, place the thing back in, and push the metal wire back over it until it holds it in place.

Like I said, it'll be much easier if you take off the headlights. Good luck :thumbsup:

·
No More Broken OEM Fogs
2,126 Posts
It's not that hard if you have some light shining down into that area. You don't need to take out the whole assembly. The wire that you are seeing is the wire that is attached to the bulb. loosen up the clip (just like the oem) and pull on that wire and the bulb should come out with a little finess. Just take a breather before you do it and remember that moving the windshield washer resivore nozzle and the battery stabilizer arn is alot easier than removing the whole bumper.

D

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
It all depends on how big your hands are...some people's can fit in there, others can't. Taking off the front bumper isn't bad though...the first time it may take a little while, but after that it's cake. I've had to do it like 4 times...hehe

·
Time for some yum yums...
344 Posts
Be very careful while putting the retaining clip back over the bulb. You can actually push the projector off its clips if you put too much pressure on that retaining clip. If that happens you'll have no adjustment. That would mean pulling them apart or sending them back.

These lights have been the biggest pain in the ass. If I didn't have my HID's I would put my stockies back on. All I have to say is good luck. Did you notice that this web site has put them on clearance? ........ hmmmmmmmmm.........

·
Pugzministrator
501,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
perfectg said:
:iamwiths:
yea i will get HIDs in the future....just not now, i needed a quick fix because both the low beams died so i went to the store and bought silverstars....i know they will eventually die too but hopefully by then i'll have the HID kit. they were a bitch to change but i did it this morning...took out the battery on the drivers side and just cut the shit outta my hand on the pass. side but atleast they are in. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts