Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody of you has seen the interior dash, this is where I think Acura messed up. The metallic look is fine, however, the tachometer is too small and the speedometer goes up to 160!!!! I dont know know about any of you, but I dont plan on going 160. I was wondering if anybody knew how to change the speedometer to a sane 120-130

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mind if I ask what the fuck you are talking about? Why would you want to pull your dash apart just to change the numbers on your speedo? The RSX can't even go 160, it's just there for symmetry in the design!!

·
Just go man...Just go
1,805 Posts
only thing I can think of is a 60 year old just bought our car and is having trouble reading how fast they are going....

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I think Herb is talking about the numbers being too close together so it takes a few seconds for you to see how fast you're going.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright let me rephrase my topic for you dumbasses. I want to change my speedometer to 120-130. I KNOW THE CAR CANT GO 160 thats why I want to change it like the current Accords: Nice and big so I wont have to wink every time I want to see how fast im going!!!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
[TKc]HERB said:
Alright let me rephrase my topic for you dumbasses. I want to change my speedometer to 120-130. I KNOW THE CAR CANT GO 160 thats why I want to change it like the current Accords: Nice and big so I wont have to wink every time I want to see how fast im going!!!
Exactly what I just said!

·
Registered
562 Posts
[TKc]HERB said:
The base RSX's dash has it's speedometer from 0-140 mph. Remember though, the tachometer on the base has a 6800 redline.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Hawk said:

The base RSX's dash has it's speedometer from 0-140 mph. Remember though, the tachometer on the base has a 6800 redline.
I still feel those are too close together. It still takes me a few seconds before I now how fast I'm going. It was easier to read the dash in my old Integra.

·
Registered
322 Posts
THe dash assembly is easy to take apart, but I do not know if there are any reprogramable chips. Also, changing the background of the numbers will also be difficult because its all one peice (All the black, the tach, speedo, gas and temp are all the same peice of plastic)

IMO dont sweat it, after a few months of driving I find I have the numbers memorized and dont need to look at them, just what the angle of the needle is.

·
Registered
173 Posts
[TKc]HERB said:
Why not just have your grandmother sit next to you and call out the speed while you're driving, a-hole?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.