Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, as most of you know i am the one that bought scottatyamaha's old car, and i got to say its great and i love the power but as most of you know its like the old saying goes "you'll love your power till you get beat and then you want more" with this is true with me and besides that i am a boost and power addict. I am planning on early next year taking some vacation time and heading down to fl and changing my set up. jrsc race kit to the cn stage three. I want to know since i got some good contacts up here that can get me some things at almost cost could i get what i can and bring all that down there and have you guys take off the supercharger set up, port & polish with 3-angle valve job, build the block and put in the lsd,along with the stage 3 kit? also will this save me some money or should i just save and bring it all down and just let you go at it. another question i had was would it be that hard to hit 500-550whp with this kit? thats my only goal for a while. also wunluv since you got this set-up hows it pull,and do you got any vids? what kind of traction probs do you have. I know i got some time to do my research so thats why i am starting early, also i would just buy the kit and install it my self but i am working like 85 to 95 hrs a week till like next may so time i really have none of and i want it done around that time cause tahat way i can enjoy it all summer long. thanks for any help you guys can give.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Can I just ask why you would ever want to make 500whp in a street car?

250-300whp will almost give you an unbeatable advantage on the street, and it will keep the car civil, more reliable and keep your "project cost" down. If you are planning on competing professionally, then making that much power would make sense, But making that much power with a daily driven car is just not a smart thing to do.

Not trying to spoil your party, but I've gone through that phase myself and looking back on it I feel so stupid for spending so much money on a car that no longer runs.....
Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Bigbuyer2477 said:
Can I just ask why you would ever want to make 500whp in a street car?

250-300whp will almost give you an unbeatable advantage on the street, and it will keep the car civil, more reliable and keep your "project cost" down. If you are planning on competing professionally, then making that much power would make sense, But making that much power with a daily driven car is just not a smart thing to do.

Not trying to spoil your party, but I've gone through that phase myself and looking back on it I feel so stupid for spending so much money on a car that no longer runs.....
Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing.
This might not always be true. Depending on how well you maintain your setup and how well it was installed will determine how long it last. I know Brian Fisher of Inlinepro in NOVA i think has over 500 in his hatch which is daily driven. Personally I don't think over 500 is needed for the streets but if your all into the track and showing everyone up then hell go with stage 3............shit why not stage 4. Do what you want but ask your self if all that power is necessary. And if all that money is worth it. Have fun and enjoy whatever you do.

It's sad to know that you are going to take the charger off that rsx since i think it got the highest dyno numbers of any type s with the jrsc on it.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Questions about the boost gauge on the car.

When you're not hard on the throttle and the car is not in boost. What is the indicator on the boost gauge?

Lets say you floor it at 2,000 RPM up to redline. Does the boost increase gradually or does the boost jump to 5 psi or 7psi (whichever pulley you're using) and stay there until you let off the gas or shift.

sorry for being off topic

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
"you'll love your power till you get beat and then you want more"

or...

"you'll love the power till you realize that you have to spend more than half your time under the hood, than on the street"

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
i VieTEC said:
Questions about the boost gauge on the car.

Lets say you floor it at 2,000 RPM up to redline. Does the boost increase gradually or does the boost jump to 5 psi or 7psi (whichever pulley you're using) and stay there until you let off the gas or shift.

sorry for being off topic
It just shoots up.... remember, instant boost baby!!! :driving:

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts
sounds like someone has more dough than he knows what t do with.
dude, what you need to do, if you want that much muscle, is sell your rsx type s and get a 350z and buy a vortech supercharger or any turbo kit along with all the other upgrades and you will have a beast! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
XStremeR said:
[B"you'll love the power till you realize that you have to spend more than half your time under the hood, than on the street"
well said

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
idriveanrsx said:
This might not always be true. Depending on how well you maintain your setup and how well it was installed will determine how long it last. I know Brian Fisher of Inlinepro in NOVA i think has over 500 in his hatch which is daily driven. Personally I don't think over 500 is needed for the streets but if your all into the track and showing everyone up then hell go with stage 3............shit why not stage 4. Do what you want but ask your self if all that power is necessary. And if all that money is worth it. Have fun and enjoy whatever you do.

It's sad to know that you are going to take the charger off that rsx since i think it got the highest dyno numbers of any type s with the jrsc on it.
Nothing, and I mean nothing justifies throwing $10-$15K into an import compact that can run faster than a 911 but has a life expectancy of a new born sea turtle, and a resale value of a 1989 Hyundai. It's going to have a maintenance requirement that will rival Jennifer Lopez's daily hair up do.

I just think if it ain't broke, why fix it? He's probably making a very decent amount of power, and it's probably still a very reliable car at this point. Why change that? Save the money for something else, or spend it on a rainy day. You don't have to think of it as taking words from the wise, just taking advice from someone who's been there, done that, and realized just how much of a waste it really was. For the $15K I dumped into the turbo 240sx, I could have used that money to pay for my sister's education at U Penn for a semester! That's money invested wisely.

·
DOORIFFFTTOOO!!!!
248 Posts
all that power for a street car is really not needed. ok, so you got beat once or twice. doesnt mean you have to go from jrsc to a stage 3, maybe stage 2 is reasonable enough power and price wise, its cheaper. my friend has a stage 3 and its a monster and he always needs work on it. things mess up, they need fixing. shit happens.
IMO i think you should listen to Whitson01 and just sell your rsx and buy something else with alot of power. but dont listen to me, im stupid =/

·
6,734 Posts
I look at your situation like this. I have been with the JRSC since day one. I know two things. My car is not the fastest car on the street. But, it is faster than 99% of the cars on the street. There will always be someone faster. The car Scott built was one of three highest power JRSC'ed cars out there. Hondata and JR themselves were the other two. Myself and SteveLloyd are coming up 4th and 5th. I am sure there are many more near the normal user level that I am at. But just giving you some perspective. Power is addicting. It is expensive. But, nothing satisfies me more than pulling my sleeper up next to a Mustang Cobra owner and getting the, "I am better than you grin!", then when we both take off and I am right at his door and slowly pulling ahead. That to me is the reward and the fact that I just made a believer when the Cobra owner's eyes shoot out of his skull from hearing the whine of the JRSC. At 7lbs that thing screams. My friend with the STi, says my car has faster acceleration than his. I have a friend with a Honda Civic boosting about 25lbs and he loves the sound and quick acceleration. If you do your car right, I know how Scott's car used to look, but sleepers rule.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i understand what your all saying and to tell the truth i am still thinking but as you get to know me you'll relize that i change my mind more than a stoplight changes color in a day. will i end up doing a stage 3 swap who knows only time will tell. i am running 5psi right now and also thinking of getting it up to 7 psi for now and see then what i want to do. i am also thinking about leaving this with the 7psi and buiding up my 92 hatch. like i said only time will tell. you asked what the boost gauges stays at and most of the time its at 10 on the vac side but once you give it gas no matter what rpm your at it jumps to 5 psi and stays there till you let off. i guess this was just a wild hair up my ass and i wanted to hear some advise from prople that knows about these cars more than me.and i agree with you wdsony i love sleepers, all i am thinking about doing with this car is rims and maybe some foglights and that it on the outside, on the inside i am thinking about a shiftlight and maybe new lighter weight seats other than that i am happy. most of what might get changed is strut bars, lower tie bar, and larger anti roll bars, and thats done then some upgrades on the motor but that is where it gets scechy cause i am not sure what i want to do there so like i said only time will tell. i do have one question, if i was to go up to 7psi what all do i need to get other than the pulley?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts