Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
_PiLF
11,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I got this badass chattering noise. It's only noticeable when my car is idling. Thing is the noise goes away when I rev or push the clutch in. It also gets quieter when I turn the AC off. Wtf?:confused:

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
do you have ESMM or after market motor mounts? they cause more vibs that makes things chatter...

that or its ur clutch if it goes away when you push the pedal in

·
_PiLF
11,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have ESMM or after market motor mounts? they cause more vibs that makes things chatter...

that or its ur clutch if it goes away when you push the pedal in
the clutch seems fine, its grabs good and the engage point is still good.

no aftermarket MM

·
[email protected]~13psi on Alcohol
1,531 Posts
the clutch seems fine, its grabs good and the engage point is still good.

no aftermarketMM
you have a dcrh without esmm? aren't you the guy who made a thread when you bought this car modded and didn't really know what all was done to it? if so, maybe the previous owner put motor mount inserts in and you just don't know it. that would explain the vibs., especially when the AC is on.:dontknow:

·
she loves it
36,225 Posts
when you hear it rattling, open the hood. check your valve cover and see if it's vibrating. mine does this on a regular basis and creates an annoying rattle at idle. there's a plastic piece that extends out far enough to tap my cai elbow, but it can be easily fixed. that might be the noise you're experiencing.

·
[email protected]~13psi on Alcohol
1,531 Posts
when you hear it rattling, open the hood. check your valve cover and see if it's vibrating. mine does this on a regular basis and creates an annoying rattle at idle. there's a plastic piece that extends out far enough to tap my cai elbow, but it can be easily fixed. that might be the noise you're experiencing.
true i've had that happen too

·
_PiLF
11,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay, it's not anything tapping on my cai.

and it's not aftermarket mm.

it sounds like it's coming from the tranny. and is only noticeable at idle.

·
WE GOT DEBRIS!
6,949 Posts
doesn't clutch chatter only happen on new clutches?

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
doesn't clutch chatter only happen on new clutches?
No it happens on after market performances clutches at light throttle, not idle.

·
jolly of the midwest
1,093 Posts
ive got the same noise. could a throwout bearing be causing this?

·
61 ci now
3,335 Posts
probably the throw out bearing just making noise. My car does this sometimes, only when you're like in the drive-up/drive-through, you can sorta hear a noise, I think its just the layshaft spinning in the tranny. Who knows? Car runs great tho :) I lost to Jay by about 1/4 car at 100mph haha

·
_PiLF
11,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
probably the throw out bearing just making noise. My car does this sometimes, only when you're like in the drive-up/drive-through, you can sorta hear a noise, I think its just the layshaft spinning in the tranny. Who knows? Car runs great tho :) I lost to Jay by about 1/4 car at 100mph haha
yea my car runs awesome, it's only really noticeable in a drive-thru or when i'm in between cars stopped at a light or something.

·
jolly of the midwest
1,093 Posts
yea my car runs awesome, it's only really noticeable in a drive-thru or when i'm in between cars stopped at a light or something.
yeah same here, ill make a trip to acura and see what they say.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.