Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Does anyone know about their quality? For such a low price you generally expect to get what you pay for, but anyone had any experience with them?

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
I know I am seriously interested in this kit, and stumbled upon this site while doing a search for the replica. In terms of fitment and quality, I can see where you might be worried about "getting what you pay for," but at the same time the kit is only a bolt-on so the risk you are taking isn't quite as large as a complete front and rear bumper replacement.

It states that they are designed for an OEM fit...but I don't have any experience in terms of knowing how badly a bolt-on kit can be screwed up. I guess when you see how low the price is for the kit, plus throw in the fact that the shipping is free, even if the kit did need some minor modification to fit you would probably still come out ahead.

Also, I just found out that they, streetstyler.com, is an authorized dealer for ABSDynamics.com, which is a reputable website when it comes to abs plastic replica kits. I have heard good things about their kit quality and fitment, so it makes me feel better about purchasing from this website.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have the kit and i bought it from them. The kit is nice, its a tight fit, don't know if thats good or bad but it looks ok to me. If you take a real close look at it you can see that they could have done a bit better job, you can see molding marks and what seems to be a bit of dripping but for the money its worth it. you get what you pay for. my experience was just "ok" with them. I dropped off my car at the body shop last summer and left it with them for two weeks so they could install the kit and paint it and install my coilovers. turns out streetstyler sent them two of the same side skirts. so the installer called me and told me about it, i called up streetstyler and they arranged to have another one drop shipped. They did as promised, only problem is it took well over a week. I eventually got back from vacation and my car still wasn't ready which pissed me off.

another note about streetstyler, my wife bought me halo projector lights from them for xmas, the passenger side light does not look good to me, it has specs of dust and something like paint chip inside of it. i talked to a guy at streetstlyer about replacing it and he said he needed pics. i sent him pics, he said that he didn't think the manufacturer would want to replace it. wtf man, one lights is perfect, the other one has all this shit on it, and they don't look like they are gonna replace it for me. on top of that, they were offering free bulbs if you enter a coupon code, my wife didn't know she had to etner a code, she thought if you ordered them that they would just send them. they didn't obviously and now they say they can't send them. what ever happened to making the customer happy. now i'm stuck with one shittly looking headlamp, no bulbs for it, and the worst instructions on the planet. if they don't replace that headlamp for me i will never buy from them again.

back to the subject, the lip kit is ok. you can see pics of it on my website if u want. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/401884

·
Registered
249 Posts
give Phase Nine a call at 866-742-7364. They quote me 300 shipping included for front lip, side skirts and rear lips. I only bought the front lip for 90, shipping included. I just bought it yesterday so i don't know about fitment and looks yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts