Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum. Just couple questions, I'm sure they have been answered so I apologize in advance since could not find them. Just lookin for a way to maybe add like another 30-50hp, besides CIA, header and exhaust. I know you got all the swaps and what not.. Which sounds AMAZING... But just lookin to keep it under a $1000 (ISH) Also interested in the 6 speed tranny info for the future. Please and thanks for the advice in advance!

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
If you have a rh, cat back and a cai, you are close to 30 hp over stock....next step might be kpro and a tune.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
i dont htink horsepower is ever 'cheap'

but there is 'free' gut the car, always use good oil and change every 3k, see our cars kick the base rsx ass all day, we have teh better TB and intake mani, so the easy stuff other A3 owners do, we dont have to.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hondata flash? i think eventually thats something i would be leaning towards... less hassle. gains wont be as much as a custom tune on kpro obviously. but if your right in the nieghborhood of your HP goals it would be an added bonus.
its pretty cheap too.

im no expert, but its an idea...

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you have a rh, cat back and a cai, you are close to 30 hp over stock....next step might be kpro and a tune.
really?!? 30hp is a bit nuts. i was thinking 10-15..

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
so how much hp would it be if only cai &rh?
just a race header means the exhost just gets slammed into the stock cat back. To make the hp, you need a system from head to tailpipe....I have seen a number of dynos of a3's with a 3" cai, rh, catback in the 155- 160 whp range......but remember, stock a3's run in the 130-138whp range.......and stock k20a2's run in the 175-185 whp range. ( these were of course on different dynos so you have to live with a "range" of numbers)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts