Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Check Engine Light came on, and ive lost power

866 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  WillSX 
#1 ·
hey guys, first post here. Hoping you guys can weigh in on this. Yesterday on my way to work i noticed my check engine light came on. After my shift and on my drive home i also noticed the car is really sluggish/ accelerating out of first gear. Now ive had the o2 sensor go on me (upstream i think) a couple years ago, but it didnt effect the car like this. Is there a sensor that can cause this? I just had some new rotors and pads put in like two weeks ago, but i assume a stuck rotor wouldnt cause the check engine light to come on? Thanks!

#2 ·
You need to get the code read to see what the problem is. Most auto parts stores can read the code for you, else take it to a shop. Keep your foot out of it until you find out what is up.

#3 ·
***Update***

so after making an apt with my Mechanic, today the car on my lunch break ran like normal. It got all its power back. Then after my afternoon break i went and turned it on again and the light went out. Its almost like when the gas cap gets loose and even after you tighten it the light stays on for a few starts (unless you reset the comp). Im wondering if its something with a sensor in the exhaust. Its been 40C here for two days and ive been sitting in long line-ups due to construction. I read a post on here today and a guy is having similar problems, and someone pointed to the exhaust being too hot? Do you think i should keep my Apt or head to the lake tomorrow lol its my day off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.