Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'll make the story short... had the race header in for about 2-3 weeks so far.... i dont push the car hard at all, but earlier i just smashed on 1st n 2nd gear not grinding at all... took each gear up to about 8100 rpm.... n let off... then i was merging on the freeway, and about 2 minutes later my check engine light comes on... doesnt blink or anything, just stays solid.. i do have the defouler installed, along with CAI & ESMM... the car isnt making any sort of weird noises that i can hear, but what should i do to go about fixing this ???

·
Registered
278 Posts
Every Single Day Someone New Ask What They Should Do About The CEL. GO GET IT CHECKED OUT! We cant magically come up with a reason. You have to take it to Autozone, or the dealer or somewhere AND HAVE THEM TELL YOU!

·
I got that Sammy Swagger
260 Posts
Dont worry about it, even with the defouler the cel will still go on from time to time, mine goes off about once every 2 months or so, jus give it a day or 2 and it will go away, as long as the rh is the reason for the cel being on, if it stays on for a week or longer you might want to get the cell checked, i think you can get rid of the cel by disconnecting your battery, but I dont think its worth the hassle, but the only way to make sure the cel doesnt come back at all is getting k pro.. good luck

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Every Single Day Someone New Ask What They Should Do About The CEL. GO GET IT CHECKED OUT! We cant magically come up with a reason. You have to take it to Autozone, or the dealer or somewhere AND HAVE THEM TELL YOU!
just bc u already know what to do doesnt mean everyone else does... if u cant contribute to the help then dont even bother clickin the reply button :thumbsdow

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dont worry about it, even with the defouler the cel will still go on from time to time, mine goes off about once every 2 months or so, jus give it a day or 2 and it will go away, as long as the rh is the reason for the cel being on, if it stays on for a week or longer you might want to get the cell checked, i think you can get rid of the cel by disconnecting your battery, but I dont think its worth the hassle, but the only way to make sure the cel doesnt come back at all is getting k pro.. good luck
thank you for ur kind reply... will do, was just wondering mainly if its something i should freak out about or not... i'm a noob when it comes to this, thanks again

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
If it was a serious CEL you'll know just from how the car is running.

Still get it read to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
278 Posts
just bc u already know what to do doesnt mean everyone else does... if u cant contribute to the help then dont even bother clickin the reply button :thumbsdow
if you ever look under this section of the forum you will see threads JUST LIKE yours every day of the week

·
I got that Sammy Swagger
260 Posts
No problem :thumbsup: but Drum is right, to be on the safe side you can always get the code checked

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the race header with defouler too (and a few more mods). My cell comes and goes, but what I just discovered, is that when I turn the AC on it goes away after about a half hour, then when I turn it off it comes on again? I think I am burning rich because of my mods, and the extra gas is getting use when i turn on the AC - just a theory, but getting K-Pro soon so I will fix that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts