Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
9,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys, i finally picked up my first bike. i know its not a 250, but hey i will try and be safe.

1996 honda cbr600f3
14k miles:eek:
pretty decent for an 11 year old bike, needs new mirrors and front brake lever (which the seller is buying for me) and new turn signals. maybe some new fairings later on, but it runs like a champ.

got the bike and an HJC AC-12 brand new helmet for $2500

comments welcome! i get my license this weekend after my MSF course, and i got helmet, jacket, and gloves as of now.

enjoy

yes the tank bra is off, but i took pics before i learned how to take it off haha

my bike and my temp civic coupe lol

:beerchug:

and the bad :(

·
9,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will do! going to the honda dealer sometime next week after i get my license and insurance to get an oil change and just get it checked out. everything so far looks good.

EDIT* just tried to start it...battery is dead :(

·
9,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think the bike has some new tires on it already

yea it should be hard, if i can work on a car im sure i can work on a bike even easier

i just need all the broke parts replaced and then i can ride this thing. how much would a new battery run me? i heard they are about $55

·
'89 'til INFINITY
3,510 Posts
ebay the parts. i don't know how common the parts are for your bike, but i replaced most everything myself when i wrecked, then again my bike hasn't changed much for 10+ years so parts are everywhere.

new battery dunno how much it would run you but try taking it to autozone to see if they can recharge it for you.

edit: on second thought, it was really time consuming ebaying parts and stuff, just take it to the dealer if you really can't wait. :D

·
9,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually, i already ordered the brake lever, turn signals, and new mirrors from tankpads on ebay :D $65 shipped

im not THAT impatient, i dont have money to throw around haha

as for the battery, i jumped it, let it sit, rode it down the street and back, then i shut it off and now it wont start again.

the bike was sitting throughout winter so im just going to get a new one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts