Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you install. Check your lines. I'm 100% sure my main feed like from bottle to selenoids in front of car has leaks. I have a feed line and a stop off of my bottle, and it leaked right in the middle of the line :(

my system...
bottle ========remote opener ===================selenoids===fogger

the first line was solid at 400 psi or so, but at 900-1000, just bubbled away underwater. Called NX and ordered another line, with a refund if "they find it to be faulty".

Moral of the story....

Make Sure Everything Works Correctly Before You Install It.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:

Talked straight to nx today.

"the lines are meant to leak". The exact response i got was "the teflon is made so that the nitrous will slowly leak out to diffuse the pressure".

What the hell good is a line that can't hold pressure? none.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hmmm.... good research pepsi.

I've brought this up a bunch of times to a few people, and I always get the same thing - "Check your connections". I've checked the damn things to make sure they weren't leaking dozens of times, but never checked the actual lines. I just assumed they were good (kinda like a SS braided brake line, you just ASSUME it'll hold).
I have ALWAYS found it irritating to lose pressure after a few hours if the bottle is off. If I turn the bottle off and leave 1000psi in the line at night, I'll come back to about 400psi in the morning. I think it's a huge waste.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup, they're not designed to hold. they're designed to leak. makes me a bit leary of the fuel line.

anywho, i'm just gettin a custom line to go from my bottle to the inline opener. constant pressure readings = :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts