Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

**Choosing Xenondept.com OR Retro-Solutions***

2K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  swaggal0s0 
#1 ·
I am in the search for a good digital set of 6000k/6500k and 3000k HIDs. It seems like these too companies are the best sellers and offer great products but im still uncertain which one to choose!!!!

I am def looking for something not too hard to install and is more of a PLUG AND PLAY application. Seems like XenonDepot wins that one.

Pricing seems to be better with Retro-Solutions for the 35w H1 Digital Slim Kits $166 vs XenonDepot's 6500k Digital HID kits at about $175. not much of a difference though.
Retro seems to have a lifetime warranty but 'Depot doesn't have that but there is a 3 year warranty i see on the site.

NEXT comes the color. Xenon offers a slightly different color in 6500k vs the 6000k from Retro. Also the 3000k from Xenons Volt package is noticeably more yellow than the ones from Retro, which i found VERY weird!:lame:!! Got this info from the site and crsx users pics.

What do you guys and gals think:confused:? Im open for opinions and also pics of ur set up if u have any to share. Also if the reps from both companies could possible PM me or just write on here.

See less See more
#8 ·
He got retros now. :thumbsup:

HID bulbs in reflectors is always gonna glare. Looks better than stock, its a good temporarily solution for upgraded lighting.

Just make sure you aim them properly to reduce the chance of oncoming glare.

#13 ·
dude its not fucking hard man, just pick a color temp and buy whatever fuck kit you want. they're all essentially the same shit.

if u wanna go cheap as possible buy the vvme kits they are like 40$ shipped for H1 kit and run just fine

#16 ·
buy from RETRO if you want any kind of warranty / customer support after purchase.

buy VVME if you want to save $. i got 3 VVME kits in my car and they've been running for over 4 years strong and ive never replaced a single component.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.