Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
06 Rsx Type s
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 type S and the cigarette lighter wont work ... just wanted to know if other have had the same problem and any solutions.. i hope its a fuse but ive only used the cigarette lighter for a few weeks so i dont know how fast these things might break.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Might be the fuse.

My father has a portable battery jumper kit. You charge it in outlet or car cigarette ligher and carry it away.

Sure the idea is weird but it has come in handy in a few situations. Anyhow, once we were charging it up in an Lexus LX430 and the fuse blew out. So no radio and AC on the way home.

What did you have plug into your lighter?

·
Registered
164 Posts
My fuse keeps burning out at least once a week when im charging my phone. anyone know why?
Might be the phone charger itself. There is a short somewhere. Do you only use the the phone charger or do you use something else such as a radar detector. But Im gonna bet on it being the phone charger itself. Try using the one in the back seat, its behind the ebrake, where the console ends, it look just like a the one on the front(the cigarette lighter, 12 volt plug...whatever you want to call it) and see if the fuse burns on that one as well. Yes, RSXs are equipped with two of those "cigarette lighters" Why?,.....youre guess is as good as mine.:dontknow:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yup, I surprised me too!!! I was cleaning my RSX inside out and thats when i looked and found it down there. Convinience for me since I put the radar detector on the front and the phone charger on the back. No sacrifice at all!!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts