Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Now rollin' 6MT GDurtay5
33,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched and havent found anything...

How do you get rid of those damn circles that show up on your paint? Clay bar? Anyways, im sure you know what im talking about, ive heard of people "fixing" them. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Uhmmm...those are "swirl marks", dude. Like microscratches in the clearcoat. You gotta polish those bad boys out with a good wax and polish. And make sure when you wax and polish to go side-to-side instead of in a circular motion. That circular motion is part of what causes swirlies.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
^Agreed.

In my situation, I have marring from left to right patterns. I have no idea how the hell that happened. Must have been the one time I had Honda wash it or the one time my friend decided to wipe the car down with the Absorber when the car still had some dirt on it. My paint is f#cked. I am going to wait till winter passes and whip out the PC random orbital in Spring.

·
Now rollin' 6MT GDurtay5
33,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darth Do'Urden said:
Uhmmm...those are "swirl marks", dude. Like microscratches in the clearcoat. You gotta polish those bad boys out with a good wax and polish. And make sure when you wax and polish to go side-to-side instead of in a circular motion. That circular motion is part of what causes swirlies.
Damn. Sucks, what caused it? A bad car wash? Anyways thanks for the precise feedback. Ill probably wait til spring to wax and polish, but thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Simply not using the correct washing towels/mitts (or old ones) can cause it.

This is yet another reason why I love my SSM so much. You can only notice the swirls if the sun conditions and angle are absolutely perfect (read: no one else is ever gonna notice. Heck, I can't hardly ever notice!). Otherwise, she just glitters with all her beauty and class =).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts