Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i noticed this after i bought my car almost a month ago.I noticed on the drivers side windows there are some clear circles.It almost looks like a tint job gone bad or somthing.However i have not tinted the windows.I have tried to take a picture but its not a easy task as it needs to be in the right lighting.I am wondering if anyone has any idea what this may be.It is really starting to bug me now.

·
03 PWP Type-S
1,118 Posts
creep3 said:
Ok so i noticed this after i bought my car almost a month ago.I noticed on the drivers side windows there are some clear circles.It almost looks like a tint job gone bad or somthing.However i have not tinted the windows.I have tried to take a picture but its not a easy task as it needs to be in the right lighting.I am wondering if anyone has any idea what this may be.It is really starting to bug me now.
When you give the car a good wash they appear on the two front windows and rear window. I'm not sure as to what they are either. But everytime I give my car a good wash they show up.

·
Banned
120 Posts
Same thing here, like poxy marks or something. If you look at them from the side like a 25 degree angel they show up. I'm thinking of taking it to the dealer, just another thing to add to me list(popping shocks, crappy hatch handle)

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
i only see them if im wearing my POLARIZED sunglasses

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
i only have the stock tint...i.e. no tint

·
Registered
587 Posts
NHB_DC5R said:
i only have the stock tint...i.e. no tint
Thats not true at all. RSX's come with tinted windows STOCK!!!
They come with a green tint in the windows, which I do beleive is what your seeing! It doesn't darken the windows, but it keeps the UV & Heat out. If you have the right type of sunglasses you can really see it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
yea those circles, u can get rid of those, by using steel wool.
i am a detailer at work, and after i wash a car, those marks appear if water dries on the window... just use windex or any other glass cleaner and scrub it with steel wool, and then wipe with cloth/paper towel, or newpaper..

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
whoishomer said:
Thats not true at all. RSX's come with tinted windows STOCK!!!
They come with a green tint in the windows, which I do beleive is what your seeing! It doesn't darken the windows, but it keeps the UV & Heat out. If you have the right type of sunglasses you can really see it!
thats what i meant...i know we have some green tint shit, but when most ppl ask you if ur windows are tinted what do u tell them?

·
baby buffett
13,383 Posts
its for UV protection.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
So when you get your windows tinted aftermarket do they remove the 'green' UV factory tint?

·
Registered
170 Posts
they are actually called performance circles they add about 37whp if aligned

1 - 20 of 22 Posts