Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Acura RSX 5spd
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to own an RSX, purchased/installed a Comptech Short Shifter and loved it. I just purchased another RSX, but Comptech no longer makes their short shifter kits. Circuit Hero is the closest thing that looks like the Comptech kit. I can't find anything on CRSX for reviews on the Circuit Hero kit. I've also never heard of this company. Does anyone have this, and what is your opinion/review on it? Thanks!

Circuit Hero: https://www.circuithero.com/products/circuit-hero-short-shifter-adapter-02-06-acura-rsx-01-05-honda-civic?variant=1102709379

Comptech: http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/data/501/kommon_k20_setup_369.jpg

·
Lick it or Flick it
5,263 Posts
Circuit hero makes quality parts you should be fine

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,198 Posts
I got one of those; it's nice. You may only choose to use the fore and aft piece and leave the horizontal one alone, to keep your gates wide. Up to you though. I've used it with both, and later removed the lateral throw piece because I am using the K-tuned billet shifter arm in conjunction with it, and they advised against it, because they are race-inspired. (Less chance for a misshift the better.)

I forgot about the drilling part. That kinda sucked. Make sure you have a corded power drill.

I have mine paired with their shift lever extender, if you like to keep your hands up :driving:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got one of those; it's nice. You may only choose to use the fore and aft piece and leave the horizontal one alone, to keep your gates wide. Up to you though. I've used it with both, and later removed the lateral throw piece because I am using the K-tuned billet shifter arm in conjunction with it, and they advised against it, because they are race-inspired. (Less chance for a misshift the better.)

I forgot about the drilling part. That kinda sucked. Make sure you have a corded power drill.

I have mine paired with their shift lever extender, if you like to keep your hands up :driving:
I’m about to get one of this as well but I have already the Ktuned billet arm , so they say you can’t run both of them or you shouldn’t ? also what size of drill bit you used ? Thanks

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,198 Posts
Did you get your Ktuned billet arm as soon as it came out, or a maybe a year or so later? Because I actually had my pivot ball pop out after some time, and they said I wasn't supposed to use it with an extender (too much stress on the pivot ball) but they said sent me another one for good measure any way (Do i still have this one missing a pivot ball somewhere??? hmmm...)

Anyways, i clamped the SS adapter on the billet shifter arm and drilled the SS adapter where the hole did not match up. I don't remember what size drill bit. I made it match the bolt or the billet shifter arm bolt hole
0924012029.jpg 1022011721.jpg 1023012209.jpg 1023012210.jpg
You can see the crescent moon of conflict I outlined in red in the first pic that I drilled out by clamping the SS adapter in place shown in the 2nd pic (yes i drilled in place like that like a HACK -- i held the drill as level as i could and it went well. Ideally you'd do this with a drill press which i did not have). Mine didn't come with any bolts back then but it looks like it does now. Wow only $25 on sale

This is besides the drilling on the OEM shift lever. I forgot that. Hopefully they tweaked their designs by now and that's all the drilling you have to do. Size it as close to the bolt diameter as possible to reduce play/slop

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did you get your Ktuned billet arm as soon as it came out, or a maybe a year or so later? Because I actually had my pivot ball pop out after some time, and they said I wasn't supposed to use it with an extender (too much stress on the pivot ball) but they said sent me another one for good measure any way (Do i still have this one missing a pivot ball somewhere??? hmmm...)

Anyways, i clamped the SS adapter on the billet shifter arm and drilled the SS adapter where the hole did not match up. I don't remember what size drill bit. I made it match the bolt or the billet shifter arm bolt hole
View attachment 565924 View attachment 565925 View attachment 565926 View attachment 565927
You can see the crescent moon of conflict I outlined in red in the first pic that I drilled out by clamping the SS adapter in place shown in the 2nd pic (yes i drilled in place like that like a HACK -- i held the drill as level as i could and it went well. Ideally you'd do this with a drill press which i did not have). Mine didn't come with any bolts back then but it looks like it does now. Wow only $25 on sale

This is besides the drilling on the OEM shift lever. I forgot that. Hopefully they tweaked their designs by now and that's all the drilling you have to do. Size it as close to the bolt diameter as possible to reduce play/slop
To be honest I got a rep from eBay if the Ktuned billet arm it was like 40 bucks and I’ve never have an issue with it, i had a little play on the adapter with the billet arm so I just stuck a piece of copper and now is very stiff, I felt the difference from 1-2 3-4 and 5-6 but 2nd to 3rd and 4th to 5th still pretty much the same

·
Registered
81 Posts

View attachment 565924 View attachment 565925 View attachment 565926 View attachment 565927

1 - 7 of 7 Posts