Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So three guys from a dual Civic SI and RSX meet stuck a car key under the -S emblem and ran off with it. (there were 3 rsx's total, one was debaged, the other two had the emblems jacked). Anyway skipping over my murderous desires..

How do I take care of a 2 mm scrtach about 1.5 inches long that is rusted?

I know I know I know, I can search, but then I wouldn't get benefit of telling the story.

I'll search, and in the meantime, hopefully someone will post a good suggestion :dontknow:

Thanks!

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the rust? That's my big concern.

Regarding this meet... if they look like crooks, talk like crooks, walk like crooks... then you know. Too bad to, most of the people were real cool. But out of 12 or so guys, I saw 3 dudes standing righ there. That ratio sucks.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
thats why I took off my emblems because some punks around me were stealing them off the back of cars. I didnt want them to take a screw driver or something to the back of my car and scratch it all up. I would say a paint pen from acura but im not exactly sure what to do about the rust. Sorry to hear about that

·
Thug Life
2,231 Posts
holy shit man i would cap there asses for that shit...

thats really cold stealing your emblems

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Scrape out the rust with a razor blade, use some touch up paint, and then finish it off with Langka. You'll never know it was there.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Agreed, you'll need to clean out the rust first, otherwise it will spread under the paint. I think there are sandpaper pens, try to purchase one of those. If you can't, just get a small piece of sand paper and mask off the surrounding area first..once all the rust is removed, apply some Rustoleum to prevent rusting, then follow through with some touch up paint.

·
Toeshoes > *
57 Posts
well sorry for changing the subject, anyways i wanted to remove the emblem myself. i was wondering if i remove the emblem, will there will be holes on my trunk or are they glued on?

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
The Acura "A" will leave two holes I'm pretty sure. At least this was the case with my "H" emblems on my Civic. All the other stuff just has the sticky tape on it, no holes.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Heat it up with a blowdrier, then use some pretty tough string like Dental Floss (not the cheap kind) or Sewing string and just slide it out gradually.

·
baby buffett
13,383 Posts
start considering taking a martial arts course, no one will f with you.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I agree...I had my car for one day and the following night I had all the emblems taken off my car. I only had one key mark on the back one so I assume that they were experienced at this type of stuff. The dealership body shop removed the rust then used the Rustoleum and then touched it up with the Acura paint pen to blend in the color. They wet sanded the area and then buffed and waxed it to make sure there weren't any uneven areas of paint or paint pen. Good luck on that ... I know I was ready to kill so peeps when it was all said and done.

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I could bust their knee caps, it would bring me great happiness to say the least...

Thanks again. I might take it to a shop.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don't take it to a shop, it is extremely easy to do. I took mine off in about 15 min. in my driveway. The word Acura, the RSX and the actual logo are all glued on the car. No holes to worry about. Just heat it up (i did mine in 25 degree weather w/o heat) and use something thin (butter knife works wonders). Make sure you wrap the metal item with a t-shirt to avoid scratches. Once the emblems are off you can just use a solvant (bug remover works well) to remove the glue.

Quick, easy and painless. Good luck.

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, Langa is worth it. Took a screwdriver and scraped out the rust, I know, it sounds bad. But it was a small, flathead screwdriver just perfect for this job.

Then I took Goo Be Gone (or Goo Gone?) to get rid of the adhesive left over. I know people say really stupid shit like, "Take a blowdryer to it!" How do I get my car up the steps into the bathroom of my apartment!? I don't have the 600 foot extension cord I need for the blowdryer either! Does everyone here live at home or own a house?

Anyhoo, goo whatever worked. Then I was left with very pleasing silver gouges in my paint which swept me right back into my daily fantasy of killing the guys who did this.

Touched it up. Lankga'd it. Lankga is the shit. Worth the 10 or 12 bucks I spent on it just for this alone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts