Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all-

im a little new to the car modding world, just trying to learn some basics here.

unfortunately i only have a leased RSX to work with right now, as its a company car. however, im still looking at partially modifying it.

ive been looking at exhaust tips, but somewhat unsure of what i should be looking at. as i cant do any welding, im guessing it would have to be a clamp on design? or is that how that even works?

also, any ideas about what exhaust tips would be good would be great.

my apologies for being a little inexperienced :rolleyes: , and thanks to anyone who can help clear things up :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Doesn't the base already have a chrome tip on the exhaust?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm not sure that you will be able to get the stock one off. I have my stock exhaust in the basement, I'll check mine and see.

·
Registered
213 Posts
It looks like there is one bolt holding the stock tip on, so it looks like you are in luck. My best advise is to check some of the companies that make exhaust and see if they sell the rolled chrome tips as well. Try magnaflow or borla.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I can just buy one of those, and bolt it right on? After I take off the stock one of course.

And I take it that the stock inlet is 2.25 in. right?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I am assuming that the tips bolts on. You might want to email magnaflow to make sure. As far as the inlet size, I'm not to sure. If you take the old tip off you can just measure it. But 2.25 sound pretty close.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm...really? Including no new holes having to be drilled? Because I can't alter the actual body of the car, since it's a lease. But if I can find a whole exhaust system that fits in the current holes under the car, that would be excellent

Please let me know. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
A catback system made for the base will bolt right up to the cat without any holes being drilled. Comptech makes one for the base I know. Check clubrsx store for some others for the base.

·
Registered
391 Posts
yea they ust bolt right now... you can do it yourself... not drilling or welding required. it'll look better than just tip :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
There's tons of exhausts u can get for the base without any modifications to pre-existing holes. There HKS,DC,Skunk 2, 5Ziegen, Tanabe, these are all catbacks that bolt up straight to ur catalyst. But since its a lease I don't believe u can make anymods to it theoratically, but with a bolt on system listed above u can just bolt on and off. But if u want a bigger tip I say just go to pep boys, u don't need to pay top dollar for a tip if its just for looks. So either spend 20-40 bucks on a tip or 300-600 on a catback exhaust. Its ur call. Have fun.
Brendan

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
well iv been looking for a type-s tip or one that looks similar to the type-s tip, but what i wanted to kno was, is the type-s type a 3" or 3.5" because on that magnaflow site, they have some that look pretty damn close to the type-s tip..thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
The tip that came on the comptech exhaust that I got is a 3" tip and it looks damn near stock. I'm not 100% sure, but I would venture a guess to say that it is a 3" tip on the "S" as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just measured the inlet on my base RSX and it's only 2 in. The tip makes it 2.75 .

Also can't seem to find a decent exhaust system for a reasonable price. Are there mufflers available that simply bolt on? Or are they welded into rest of the exhaust system? I suppose I could check that out myself, but figure I might as well ask.

·
Registered
200 Posts
1st rule - anything done to your car such as a tip, that doesnt equal out to more horsepower in doing so, don't, it's just a waste of money.

Its obvious your very new to this whole car thing, so first off welcome to clubrsx, second you should read some of the topics and use the search feature (its there for a purpose).

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Lets be nice, lol. We were all new once. Search button doesn't always work anyway. Type in winshiled wiper and get motor swap, lol. Anyway all kidding aside why get a bigger tip if I doesn't do anything? Looks wise it'll look bad cause driving from behind you'll see a big tip and a small inlet of the exhaust. There's no muffler that just bolts on. You can have a Pipe custom made and then weld the muffler onto that, then just bolt it up to ur B-Pipe, but that can be a lot of work. Save for an exhaust or keep it stock. Once ur lease is up, go all out. And again welcome!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts