Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lloyyyyd!!!
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I start up the car and as I drive it sounds like a rock in a can just rattling. Im not sure where this could be or what the cause is? Anyone ever have this problem? I would love to fix this, it happened randomly, any help would be appreciatted!

·
Bring em out!!
996 Posts
check to c if any screws or bolts came undone from somewhere...and possibly fell...also check ur bumper clips

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
Check your heat shields

Header heat shield, pop your hood and look at the exhaust manifold, thats 1 heat shield

the next heat shield is on your Catalytic converter, make sure thats on tight

and the last one should near your muffler, or further up toward the CAT on the under body of the car

·
Boost Addict
873 Posts
do u have a test pipe? if so, there could be something in the test pipe (happened to me once). check all the exhaust bolts

·
61 ci now
3,335 Posts
we changed all his brake pads probably about 3 weeks ago. I haven't heard the noise yet but maybe a pad cracked or something stupid. Nic you need to stop by so I can hear it.

·
61 ci now
3,335 Posts
we fixed it, I'm just updating this thread for him, since he's on a plane to cali right now. The half shaft heat shield was loose on its little bushings, I pulled it off and it stopped making the noise immediately. So for anyone with a goofy metallic clanking noise underneath the car from the engine bay, just pull this off and see if it stops. You can then add more washers to it to make it stop.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hate to revive an old thread, but I seem to be having similar problems.

I get the same noise like a rock in a spray can when I accelerate. It doesn't happen as often as I'd like it to so the dealership could isolate it but it does happen and i've been having the hardest time knowing what it could possibly be.

I have an 06 with 10,500 on it right now. Some days it'll rattle or clang and some days it won't. Have you heard the noise since the heat shield came off?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts