Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have searched and looked all around the forums and havent found a definate answer..

when i give gas my engine makes a clanking noise.. like a metal on metal..

anywhere where from 2500RPM on up it makes this clanking sound..

could it really be the heatshield like everyone says or a bent valve..

people had gone to the dealership to get their car looked at but thats where the thread stops..

i need some real answers please.

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
Does the car make the same noise regardless of whether it's in gear moving or in neutral at a stop.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea it started yesterday.. i shifted to second instead of fourth

when sitting still it isnt as loud.. but it is louder than usual

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
i doubt you will just be replacing one. If you can pull the head, you would save yourself alot of money.

·
heatshield will do noise only when driving so if you hear it at neutral you might want to look at DIY forums for removing heads. that is I'm assuming you have some knowledge of cars

·
STL Member
151 Posts
you need to be very careful i just ran into that problem and i had to get a whole new engine i had it for 4000 miles and a valve broke and shot threw the engine. The Dealer said it got overreved but i dont think i caused it tho. Its just very expensive its going to cost me 6 grand for a new engine and 3 to put it in and honda wont help me pay any of it at all because they say its a drivers error.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i already got it towed to the dealership and they are looking at it first monday.. so ill let yall know the verdict..

·
STL Member
151 Posts
i just hope the dont try to screw you over like they did to me. I have to pay nine grand and i only got it in the middle of feb.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.