Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
K Krazy
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a ASM 06 RSX that has been parked outside ever since I have owened it....sad I know but I have never claybared and have only waxed once but now I have wax polish and clay bar and intened to upkeep the car as much as possible now...I wanted to ask you pros how much and if any damage is there done to the paint because I have never waxed or claybared untill recently and can it be reversed?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Not much.... but im sure the condition of the clear cloat is probably shaky. Just wash it with w/e car wash you use, claybar the car, wash agian, and then wax. I wouldnt worry too much. Now if you have been taking your car to the car wash and or not washing properly your clearcoat is also going to have swirls and such in it. Time to polish it then also.

Reactions: SpeedxStar

·
Check REPTAR!!!!!!
15,879 Posts
i just did my first clay recently then i used a few other products as well. i have light surface mars but it is hard to tell. I also park outside and drive on salty winter roads. Just clay once or twice a year and wax also and you should be better than most. But if you want some of the professional looks like on here you will have to step up your game a bit

·
Registered
807 Posts
thanks guys! You know its funny I just had both dorrs and rear quarter panels painted so some of my clear coat is brand new lol...some shop massively put deep deep scratches in it when I was gettinh ail dents taken out :(
How long has it been since your re-paint?? And how much time passed from the re-paint to the dent repair? You should let your paint cure before you do ANYTHING. Otherwise, your paint will be in a condition where it will scratch extremely easy.

As far as parking outside, there is nothing wrong with your paint, even if you've only waxed it once. You should polish your paint at least once a year. A claybar will do you good. Don't worry about marring your paint. As long as you do it correctly, you will get great results. I find a good car soap is a great lubricant for the clay. I've used gold class and deep crystal from Meg. as lubricants.

I'm gonna tell you to read the stickies now because every question you have yet to ask has been covered already and there is no use in typing it all over again ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.