Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the best method for cleaning the roof lining (around the sunfoor, above the rear seats, front visors, and underneath them, and along the doors on the roof of the car.) is and how do I go about getting all the nasty dirt buildup? I tend to drive with my windows down and sunroof open, and in CA the air is so dirty I have alot of dirt patches all over my roof. Also I think when I used to let my friend smoke in my car it may have slightly stained a few parts. :jigglemad

Thanks for all the help, sorry if this has been discussed, but I didn't see it on the first page.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
i don't know, but I still have the same problem cause I have a tan interior and smoke. please anyone who knows....bump

·
Korican
874 Posts
Sousuke said:
I was wondering what the best method for cleaning the roof lining (around the sunfoor, above the rear seats, front visors, and underneath them, and along the doors on the roof of the car.) is and how do I go about getting all the nasty dirt buildup? I tend to drive with my windows down and sunroof open, and in CA the air is so dirty I have alot of dirt patches all over my roof. Also I think when I used to let my friend smoke in my car it may have slightly stained a few parts. :jigglemad

Thanks for all the help, sorry if this has been discussed, but I didn't see it on the first page.
This might sound strange, but I mix warm or hot water with alittle bit of Dove soap. Then with a toothbrush, I dip it into the water and scrub away. Then dry with a towel. Works really well with dirt and other stains, lol. I also use this on the floor mats too.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toothbrush! That would take hours! Hmm... Won't it also damage the sensitive parts of the roof lining? The felt-type linings around the edges of the sunroof.

·
Korican
874 Posts
Sousuke said:
Toothbrush! That would take hours! Hmm... Won't it also damage the sensitive parts of the roof lining? The felt-type linings around the edges of the sunroof.

Just a suggestion, also you can get a soft brissle one.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
apparently there is no interest in this topic, the thread I made died a quick death. I think I am gonna start on a small area and use the car piece of my Hoover SteamVac and see if that works. If I am not too lazy I will do it tonight and post the results. But I think I will not use a toothbrush.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I can't remember what our ceiling looks like, but if it's cloth attached with adhesive you might peel it away if you try to vacuum it. just fyi, I've seen a car where this happened, and it looked awful.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe it's something like cloth laid over cardboard and held into place by clips. Kinda like the rear trunk area. (Sides)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts