Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a dear and the drivers head light had to be replaced they replaced it with a new one now it looks perfect but my passengers side looks grimy. I checked the diy but couldnt find anything about it. Has any one cleand the lights? If so how would i go about doing it.

·
4ut0strd4
1,093 Posts
I hit a dear and the drivers head light had to be replaced they replaced it with a new one now it looks perfect but my passengers side looks grimy. I checked the diy but couldnt find anything about it. Has any one cleand the lights? If so how would i go about doing it.
x2. (Except I didn't hit a deer and my drivers side headlight is the one that looks grimy.) My headlight also isn't as bad as this guys were, but I am going to use only 1500Grit and 2000Grit Sandpaper.

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Meguiars PlastX

please please look into it. 5.99 for a bottle. I swear by it.

·
boostd S
212 Posts
use blue magic headlight restorer...prolly the best stuff and make sure you trust yourself enough to take it apart and put it back together right...if you don't then that shit is gonna get moisture in it

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
2000 grit sand paper

polishing compound

polish

worked well for my car

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts

Before, and then after

You can notice the difference better in person. This was from a shitty point-and-shoot digital camera

Before on the left, after on the right (more noticable...)

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
where are you guys finding those grades of sandpaper in the DIY thread? i can't seem to find it in any home depot or lowe's
go to autozone or an auto paint store. Get like 1500, then 2000 grit. This is the same wetsandpaper you use to color sand your car (well, you use 1200 and 1500 for clearcoat)

hope that helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts