Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
エアロキット&#
2004 Acura RSX Type S Milano Red
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 and never have cleaned in the fenderwells, especially in the back quarter panels- because i know that is where honda rust starts

I am afraid of rust and I live in PA-

can you take out the rubber fender liners that line the inside of the fenderwell lip and clean it and then put it back?

if anyone has any experience doing this, please let me know

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
Yeah you can, just pop the clips off from the fender liner

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
The liners are composed of pop-clips and screws. It's ez pz lemon squeezy.

·
エアロキット&#
2004 Acura RSX Type S Milano Red
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not talking about the plastic fender liners on the front fenders that are held on with the pop clips and screws-

I am talking about the rear quarter panels and how they have a rubber stripping on the inner lip that cannot be seen unless you look underneath or feel for it-

can that be removed and cleaned and put back?

it is the "honda rust" liners that most hondas have in the rear wheel wells that some people remove, some dont because they both stop rock chips from chipping the inner panel, but at the same time trap moisture and cause rust over time if not cleaned properly

·
4-MMC OG
1,907 Posts
I'm going to say no, just because it cofused me and I doubt it... Go to wal-mart and get some 3m under carriage spray, a bottle of Purple Power, and a scrub brush. Your a smart guy, I'm sure you can figure things out from there...

·
Premium Member
430,557 Posts
damn i didnt know bout this whole honda rust thing, might have to look into it. clean my car from time to time, but never knew about that. it is goin to be real bad if you dont clean it?

·
4-MMC OG
1,907 Posts
damn i didnt know bout this whole honda rust thing, might have to look into it. clean my car from time to time, but never knew about that. it is goin to be real bad if you dont clean it?
I live at the beach and don't have an issue with rust :dontknow: I just gave my car a new undercoating spray after I bought it just to be safe. The factory treatment wasn't really worn off it was just kinda nasty so I scrubbed off the old.
See above.

This may be a good DIY to do... :shady:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.