Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i have a black type-s i am gonna wash it for the 1st time i have had the car for a week now it has been raining on and off. so i have waited a while to wash it. i have read most of the threads and it seems that everyone likes megiars for pretty much everything. the only exceptions i read was the dash -vinylex and the leather Lexol. Some people like mothers as well what are the best products for a black type-s because that is a very hard color to keep up with. please help me out. thanks

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
you readin the same forum I am ? :)

welcome - if yuo want store bought solutions, i can bet that Frosty will be along in a little bit to sugest what to pick-up. Im not up to speed on them . ..

dont forget, that besides the kinda wax etc you put on the car , you must use the right materials to wash and dry with . .

the right towels or wash mitts . .to wash
the right material or equipment to dry with -
otherwise your black beauty will not stay as such . . .

and then keep on reading if you want to try to keep it showroom nice . . .

and again . ..welcome . .

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
Homer2 said:
you readin the same forum I am ? :)
:D My thoughts exactly.

Most people are on the Zaino bandwagon... which reminds me, I got a few phone calls to make. Homer2, I'll be emailing you soon... I think.

The first 1 thing to remember is to avoid anything abrasive.
You want either a wax or a polymer sealant.
NO cleaner/waxes and use polishes sparingly.
You can't really go wrong with any top-line products like Meguiar's Gold Class or Mother's California Gold or Zaino. The lower down stuff isn't usually so good to use though, even by the same manufacturer.

Towels and such, just get the good stuff. You'll see a lot of threads talking about Royal Velvet towels and various microfiber products.

Search! It's all here in more detail than anyone would need to know :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts