422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would be good? I have 5zigen 18" FN-01R-C Bronze Rims
and some kumho escta 712 tires.

what brand of cleaner should i look for to clean my rims and tires? Thanks

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,812 Posts
If you dont know how to clean those rims....you shouldn't have them. :laughing: Give them to me... :drool:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually i probably do a better job than you :D yeah i clean them just fine and perfect, i treat my car really good, but i just want to check whats the best.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Soap and water... If you wash them regularly, soap and water will get them clean and you don't have to use any chemicals.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
redhawk said:
Soap and water... If you wash them regularly, soap and water will get them clean and you don't have to use any chemicals.
Agreed.

Simple Green also does a good job at maintaining rims.

·
Registered
23 Posts
redhawk said:
From my previous experience, regular soap and water doesn't work. Especially after the winter storm where the salt stucks on it. Oh well, what do i know. i'm just a beginner here..

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hence the reason I said if you wash them regularly... When I still lived up north, I would bucket wash my wheels after every snow storm because of what salt can do to wheels...

Crazy, maybe :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
redhawk said:
Hence the reason I said if you wash them regularly... When I still lived up north, I would bucket wash my wheels after every snow storm because of what salt can do to wheels...

Crazy, maybe :)

What is the product out there does clean the rim if you don't wash it regularly? My rim looks pretty dirty now and i have tried to wash it off with regular car wash soap but it doesn't come off.. it is the yellow stins that got stuck in there..

·
Registered
112 Posts
i used to waste alot of money on products like meguair's hot rims cleaner or whatever, comes in a pinkish bottle.
the best thing to use is soap and water.
even if you spray the cleaner, you still have to wipe down ur rims anyways.
soap and water works best.

although, do invest in some nice tire shine. can't have a clean car without shiny tires.

·
Registered
432 Posts
If you already have it lying around, I would go with EB's suggestion. Simple Green is a good cleaner and doesn't have harsh acidic chemicals.

Remember that stock wheels are painted so you don't want to clean it with anything that isn't good for painted or clearcoated surfaces...

·
Registered
336 Posts
best thing to do is take your rims off for the winter. this way you can't damage them with the salt and all the other crap on the road. thats what i used to do with my volks. i think meg's hot wheels cleaner works well, but u will have to scrub a bit by hand but its a small price to pay for them to look good. also, don't forget to shine your tire up, preferably with something that protects them at the same time. personally i like meguirs endurance gel. i'm not sure how long it lasts yet but i'm working on finding out now. good luck.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I use blue magic brightner for the rims and armor all detailers magic tire foam.

blue magic really puts a shine on the rims..looks nice. still need to use a bristle brush for around the lugs and wipe it down. I usually wipe em down regardless after I foam the tires though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts