Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanna know how does everyone clean their mats? I just got winter mats today after my mat got very dirty!!! :( So do you think its ok to put it in the washing machine? :D

·
Registered
637 Posts
I like to use a multipurpose cleaner that I buy at costco cut about 32/1. Meguiars all purpose cleaner plus in the detailer line is nice too. I spray it into the mats, allow it to soak for a minute or two, then wipe with a towel, flpping to the clean side for final wipe. The best way is to extract, but that can be a really expensive piece of equipment. The little green clean machine by bissel works well and you can find them on sale for @ $40.

Folex is a great carpet cleaner that you can usually find at target or in gallons at some home depots.

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I had crusted on week-old mud on mine...get a carpet cleaner 'soap'--don't use dawn or dishwasher concentrate cause it suds up too too much. But since the difficult thing is rinsing out all the soap really good, I used a super high pressure setting from a hose attachment (like the high stream setting). Take a towel & step on it to absorb most of the water, then let it air dry. It may take a couple days, but I would be concerned about it disfiguring if you put it in the dryer (esp. not the washer machine)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts