Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Custom JDM Badges Maker
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some some really nasty 1500 grit sanding marks on my bumper. I have a shipment of touchup paints from Paintscratch.com coming and was wondering if some clearcoat would fix the problem instead of using a buffer because I do not own one and do not want to get one just yet (trying to save every penny, tough times, you know how it is)

·
Registered
358 Posts
. . .What happened pictures would help but if they are really fine scratches just filling them with clearcoat will not help anything as the scratches will still be visible you may need to wet sand with some 3000 grit but some good rubbing compound will do wonders you could try the turtle wax stuff at autozone comes in little tubs rubbing compound is white and red and polishing compound is white and green and they are pretty cheap try those by hand if no buffer is available good luck :thumbsup:

·
Custom JDM Badges Maker
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i oversanded the area trying to remove a fine scratch. the good news was i did remove the scratch but ended up with an area that has been stripped of shine. paint looks very dull. i will post pics tommorow.

·
Professional Detailer
5,103 Posts
Fine a local detailer and have him do it. That will be the cheapest and easiest way to fix the problem.

Also, why would you use 1500 if you don't have a machine to remove the sanding marks?

·
Custom JDM Badges Maker
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fine a local detailer and have him do it. That will be the cheapest and easiest way to fix the problem.

Also, why would you use 1500 if you don't have a machine to remove the sanding marks?
one of the posts i've read said thats how to remove a scratch. i either misread or didnt read enough....sigh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts