Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
It's really new man, I work at car toys know one seems interested in it yet. But the Clifford RSX 3.3 is getting alot of hit has alot of the same features the 70 has but without a screen to break. Still alerts you using led's and audio.

·
Still cookin...
379 Posts
No, but I have the Clifford 50.5X and I couldn't be happier. It has the screen and it is very durable. I have had it over a year now. The base alarm isn't that bad, but to me, your alarm is only as good as the sensors it has. Mine has interior and exterior proximity sensors, a back-up battery, tilt, and these little microphones that are next to the door latches that detect if the door handle is lifted. Works like a charm for me.

·
when in rome
18,627 Posts
viper makes the smae exact alarm. i forgot the model #. this doesnt have the 1 mile range and the first gen had a ton of problems. only difference between this and the model down is the graphics and the model down has a better range. i wouldnt waste my money on this version. and definitly get the mile range it comes in handy when your inside buildings.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
viper makes the smae exact alarm. i forgot the model #. this doesnt have the 1 mile range and the first gen had a ton of problems. only difference between this and the model down is the graphics and the model down has a better range. i wouldnt waste my money on this version. and definitly get the mile range it comes in handy when your inside buildings.
so any more recommendations with clifford? i sorta like them, but i still dont know if its the same as viper.

·
That Guy
212 Posts
so any more recommendations with clifford? i sorta like them, but i still dont know if its the same as viper.
I'm getting the Clifford G5 AvantGuard 5.1 installed next week. Definitely the best alarm on the market IMO.

Only downside is it doesn't have a 2-way transmitter, but after reading up on this alarm and all it's built in accessories, it's definitely the one for me.:beerchug:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm getting the Clifford G5 AvantGuard 5.1 installed next week. Definitely the best alarm on the market IMO.

Only downside is it doesn't have a 2-way transmitter, but after reading up on this alarm and all it's built in accessories, it's definitely the one for me.:beerchug:
well dont forget to give us a review about it. sounds good but the most important feature to me is the 2-way.

·
when in rome
18,627 Posts
if it doesnt have 2 way. its definitly not the best alarms on the market. :face:

·
Registered
248 Posts
the g5 avantguard comes with a lot of sensors that are usually optional. (tilt, glass break, proximity, etc) the viper version w/ the color lcd sucks. definitely don't buy it. viper, python, clifford are all the same. except clifford g5, which is better. i'm pretty happy w/ my le (rsx 3.3). range is better than the older 2 way led remotes. also it's faster than the older 2 way remotes. on the older ones you had to wait when the remote was receiving before you could transmit.

james.

btw, the most important thing to look for when purchasing an alarm is a competent installer.

·
That Guy
212 Posts
if it doesnt have 2 way. its definitly not the best alarms on the market. :face:
Completely disagree.

Depending on your particular situation, a shitty 2-way isn't gonna do shat for you. The G5 systems are built on the concept of SECURITY, not convenience. The accessories that come "in the box", like Dual-zone omnisensor, proximity sensor, glass-break sensor, etc, completely trumps a decent 2-way pager type of solution.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts